• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

For sale - Hop rhizomes $10

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drsmurto

Reaction score
For sale - Chinook and Victoria hop rhizomes.

$10 each plus postage.

Express postage $11 for 1-3 rhizomes, $15 for 4+ rhizomes.

Please PM me with your order and I'll send you my bank details.

I'll be posting on Mondays only to ensure they spent as little time in transit as possible.

Pickup in Mount Torrens available by arrangement.

Edit - dropped price.

Last edited:
Bump and price drop to $10. Didn't do my research so didn't realise value has dropped compared to last year. My bad.

I also have a few very large rhizomes available pickup only as I'm removing the Chinook completely to reclaim part of the garden so the mother plants need to go. Yet to be dug up.

For sale - Chinook and Victoria hop rhizomes.

$10 each plus postage.

Express postage $11 for 1-3 rhizomes, $15 for 4+ rhizomes.

Please PM me with your order and I'll send you my bank details.

I'll be posting on Mondays only to ensure they spent as little time in transit as possible.

Pickup in Mount Torrens available by arrangement.

Edit - dropped price.

I've pm'd you I think. New setup is a bit unknown to me. I tacked onto last years conversation.

Just an FYI. After years of saying I won't post to WA and Tassie I am at the least, chasing up what is required to do so. If it's not a complete pain the arse I will be willing to do so. Fingers crossed. If you are from WA or Tassie, feel free to PM me an expression of interest and I'll reserve rhizomes for you until we know one way or the other whether it's doable.

That was quick and not good great news but it is possible if you are willing to pay the fees.

"You need to apply for an approval to import on the attached form for up to 20 rhizomes. The cost is $45 plus another inspection fee on arrival into WA of $63."

So any sandgropers who want to buy rhizomes could get together as a group and buy 20 from me and pay the additional fees. It would add just over $5/rhizome to the cost. Postage on 20 rhizomes would be $15.

Yet to hear back from Tasmanian quarantine.

That was quick and not good great news but it is possible if you are willing to pay the fees.

"You need to apply for an approval to import on the attached form for up to 20 rhizomes. The cost is $45 plus another inspection fee on arrival into WA of $63."

So any sandgropers who want to buy rhizomes could get together as a group and buy 20 from me and pay the additional fees. It would add just over $5/rhizome to the cost. Postage on 20 rhizomes would be $15.

Yet to hear back from Tasmanian quarantine.

Hey Mark ,
Sorry just saw this now. Already Pm you..
So $15/rhizome for 20 + $15 shipping and we are all good for WA? If this is the case I'll put some feelers out. Thanks for the effort, first time someone has actually gone through the effort for me rather than just a no...
Can't see the attached form for interest.
Rick

@stockengineer I didn't attached the form, I just quoted was was emailed to me. If you want to go ahead on a purchase please send me a PM and I'll start the paperwork.

Unfortunately for the Tasmanians, the effort involved in sending rhizomes to you is too much. It involves inspections in SA and in Tasmania, in addition to paperwork and meeting some very strict requirements. I don't have an issue with the policy, it's just far too much effort to go to for $10 and it would need to be done every time I sent a rhizome.

Hi drsmurto, you wouldn't happen to have any Saaz by chance?

Cheers

PM sent, or conversation started, or whatever it is nowadays.

Just an FYI. After years of saying I won't post to WA and Tassie I am at the least, chasing up what is required to do so. If it's not a complete pain the arse I will be willing to do so. Fingers crossed. If you are from WA or Tassie, feel free to PM me an expression of interest and I'll reserve rhizomes for you until we know one way or the other whether it's doable.

First application to send rhizomes to WA has been submitted. If this works out then I am happy to send more but would need a central person to take responsibility for receiving the rhizomes in WA and then getting them to your fellow brewers. I'm allowed to send as many shipments as I want as long as each one has it's own approval form ($45) and inspection in WA ($63). Each shipment is limited to 20 rhizomes. I've also discovered that I pay the application fee of $45 per shipment and the person receiving it pays the $63 inspection fee. I'm not going to charge any extra for this service, still $10 per rhizome but the buyers need to cover the additional fees of $108 which is $5.40/rhizome if you buy 20 rhizomes.

A few updates.

I'm now posting on a Tuesday due to changes in my work arrangement.

Postage to WA was a success so my packaging conforms to WA quarantine requirements.

Still plenty of both varieties available.

Latest posts

Back