• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

For Sale: Complete Brewing Setup

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jakechan

Reaction score
Well, it is a sad day for me, but I am selling my complete brewing outfit. The lot, everything.

I haven't brewed for a while, as I have been too busy with other things, and I have come to the sad realisation that alcohol and I do not mix. And with a baby on the way in a few months now is the time to move this stuff on.

I wish to sell this gear as a lot and the prices I am asking will reflect this. It will be much cheaper for someone to grab the lot than to buy bits and bobs off me, but we will see how we go. At this stage I am not even going to mention individual prices (although I have done some sums).

I will not be posting any large items, and in any case anyone buying the lot will have to come and pick it all up anyway.

Thanks for reading this ad, and I hope that someone can get some enjoyment out of it.

Cheers,

Jake

Here is what's included (pics are on the way):

2 x Fermenters with screw lids and air locks. Clean

4 x kegs. All hold their gas well. Clean.

1 x spare keg seal kit.

1 x 4.5kg Airup CO2 Bottle. As new. Current weight 8.8kgs (11.1kgs when full)

1 x Harris 601 Regulator. As new.

1 x Kettle. Stainless Steel. VGC. Ready to go with good valve and internal pickup tube.

1 x Kettle Stand. Ugly as, but fits the above kettle nicely. Just add a gas burner.

1 x Copper coil chiller. Not as neat as others I have seen but it works great. You can find my thread on here about wort cooling speed.

1 x Esky Mash Tun with good home made manifold. Works great. Esky in VGC and I still have the lid hinges/screws and original outlet.

Crate of PET Bottles (about 20). Used but ok.

Assorted hoses.

Assorted connectors.

9 kgs assorted specialty grains. 12 months old but have been kept in freezer and should be fine.

5 kgs Galaxy malt. Probably stale but they have been in the fridge for most of the time

1.4 kgs assorted Hops. Kept in freezer, should be fine. Most unopened.

1 x 440gm PH Stabiliser (unopened)

Some Whirfloc Tablets

Some Polyclar

1 x Hydrometer

1 x Smartstrip. Unopened.

Book - Brew Your Own British Real Ale. As new

Book - Brewing Classic Styles. As new

Book - Designing Great Beers. As new

1 x Large 500 microns Hop Sock. Used.

1 x Upside Down Fridge with tap and drip tray. Works fine, but looks pretty average. Fits 3 x kegs standing up.

Total replacement cost would be more than $1500.

My rough pricing on an individual basis tells me I should be asking at least $900 for the lot.

Actual asking price for THE LOT: $600

I will accept cash, bank deposit, or Paypal.

Brewing_Gear.jpg

Fermenters.jpg

Kettle.jpg

Kettle_Stand.jpg

Chiller_Coil.jpg

Mash_Tun.jpg

CO2_Bottle.jpg

Regulator.jpg
Books.jpg

Almost all items have been purchased from Ross at Craft Brewer, so feel free to check the prices there of anything. I'd like to thank everyone here (including Ross) who has helped me in the past in my quest to make a good brew. I did make a few that were quite good, but geez my waistline blew out when I was right into it. And my health just cannot afford that any more.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Jake

Sad to hear you're having to stop brewing, but your loss is going to be great start for someone else, the price on that little lot looks excellent value...cant see it lasting long.

All the best for the future & your new family...

Cheers Ross

That's a shame Jake.
I reckon its a good deal,but what did you use for a burner and, taps, gun, dispensor?
( Im only interested in certain items so Ill just watch this space for now)
Good luck and good health.
Daz

Hey Jake,

Where abouts is Happy Rock? :) And what size is that Kettle?

Cheers,

Dave

$600 = a steal. the gas bottle it self it worth $200+ I assume... Damn nice bundle of gear to get some one started.

Pok

Happy rock = gladstone QLD

Sad to see your leaving the hobby Jake
Good luck in the future - sure I'll see you floating around other forums :)

Thanks for all your wishes guys. :)

And thanks for the PMs too. Ive had a great time on AHB.

To answer some questions.

Yes, Happy Rock is Gladstone, silly of me to not state that earlier.

The kettle is 50 litres.

I was using a tap on the fridge, see photo below.

Fridge.jpg

Fridge_Inner.jpg

Cheers,

Jake

The gas bottle itself is actually worth $320 new :)
But yeah, I had pegged it at about $200 2nd hand.

Jake, i reckon I will take the lot, $600 sounds great to me

Paul

Why does no one in NZ with a swish set up like this ever give up brewing? <_<

Hahah, I used to be a pisshead, and found it really hard to stop at 2 or 3 or 4.....etc.

Anyway, Paul has just left with a ute full of gear. He's a top bloke and I'm really glad my gear has gone to someone like this.

Have a good one Paul, and I hope your make some top drops mate. :icon_cheers:

Cheers,
Jake

Hahah, I used to be a pisshead, and found it really hard to stop at 2 or 3 or 4.....etc.

Anyway, Paul has just left with a ute full of gear. He's a top bloke and I'm really glad my gear has gone to someone like this.

Have a good one Paul, and I hope your make some top drops mate. :icon_cheers:

Cheers,
Jake

Thank YOU mate, I am really happy with this score, just need to sort through it all now......managed to get it hidden before the boss got home too. LOL

I hope you are not regretting it in 6 months

Thanks again

Paul

All I can say is WOW, thanks Jake.

Making a brew with your grain, hops, mash tun and boiler tomorrow

Making a JakeChan Schwartzbier

2.75 kg pilsener malt
2.75 kg caramalt
150g crystal
150g choc
150g black

northern brewer at 60,20mins
czech saaz at flamout

will let you know how it turns out

Paul

Sounds great Paul! Looking forward to the pics of the finished product.
Cheers,
Jake

Why does no one in NZ with a swish set up like this ever give up brewing? <_<

I know of a fifty litre pot still, complete with heat exchanger made out of a redundant hospital sterilizer that I was a party to, floating around Auckland somewhere. Now I said I was a party to, and I didn't say I was in possession of, or operated it.

:D

Making a JakeChan Schwartzbier

2.75 kg pilsener malt
2.75 kg caramalt
150g crystal
150g choc
150g black

northern brewer at 60,20mins
czech saaz at flamout

will let you know how it turns out

Paul

looks familiar :)