• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

For Sale: bcs 460 Melbourne. $120.00

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mardoo said:
Fantastic deal! If I hadn't taken care of my needs already I'd be all over this.
heh, if I had the dollars spare I'd get it anyway, everyone has that dream system! And Bargain of a price too.

I will throw in a plug in thingy to run the Ethernet through the power cables to the modem.meaning you can control your brew from anywhere. Probably worth sixty bucks on its own.

That looks like a handy piece of kit. If only I had a bit more disposable cash...

Although I found it interesting that they state
Inputs can be any NTC thermistor based sensor with a 10Kohm ambient reading.
Firstly, I assume when they write "ambient reading" they mean reference resistance (usually resistance at 20 C). I suspect they're not taking into account the fact that not all 10 kohm thermistors have the same resistance/temperature curve (beta value / steinhart-hart coefficients). If the thermistor used has a different beta value then it will only give an accurate reading of the temperature at the reference temperature. The more the temp. deviates from the reference temp. the more error is introduced. If they have taken this in to account I'd be interested to find out how they implement it.

EDIT: Typos.

I believe there is a recommended thermistor that is calibrated in. Otherwise you need to know more about the one you have so that you can calibrate it. What's that? You will pay cash?

You use a calculator like this LINK and a good mercury thermometer to get the probe resistance coefficients and input them into the BCS program so your read-outs make sense.

Hi djar007
I have sent 2 PMs but no response?
Still for sale?
James

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

He's pretty flat out atm. And sorry man I managed to beat you to it. It's already in the post :)

Hey Northernbrewer
Yeah no worries, just sort of expect a reply or a post saying sold.

Next time. I have too much stuff anyway.

James
Zwitter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Latest posts

Back