• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

FOR SALE: Ag Brew Gear - Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davewaldo

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I'm upgrading to a Braumeister so its time to sell my 3 vessel system.

I'd like to sell it as a complete set, but if there are no takers I'm happy to sell bit by bit (lets give it a week to see if anyone wants it complete, otherwise first in....). Brisbane pickup only - Rochedale South.

This setup is capable of doing double batches of beer up to 1.065 (pushing it), or 1.055 easy.

I'm selling:

A 40L Stainless Urn - 2400W. $150
In good condition, Well used but has a brand new element in it. Only done 5 or so brews since new element (cost $110). Only ever used as a HLT (so water only not wort) and can create a rolling boil. Has some dents but still looks great.

60L Ali pot from Craftbrewer. -$130
Includes S/S 3 piece 1/2" full-bore ball valve, Beerbelly bulkhead and pickup tube ($65 worth of fittings). Has done about 20 brews, still nice and shiny but with the usual stains (no major dents or anything though).

Spiral Burner from Beerbelly - $80
No regulator supplied, I've used the adjustable medium reg from BB and its awesome! I've boiled 50L with the flame quite low and its very efficient. A bit of surface rust but still VGC (20 or so brews).

Coleman 38L Beverage cooler Mash tun - $150
Includes S/S 3 piece 1/2" full-bore ball valve and Beerbelly bulkhead ($55 worth). I've made a custom SS false bottom which works a treat. Holds temp great, VERY solid nice bit of kit. Designed with channel in bottom meaning next to zero wort left behind. The false bottom is a tight push fit. It sits in an arch shape and easily supports the weight of grain. The piece of silicone hose (included) can be used to create a perfect seal (see pic). Tall design is better for fly sparging :)

Complete purchase of all four items $450 ($60 off total)

I'll post pics soon (weekend).

I'll try to answer PMs quickly but I'm super busy tomorrow.

Cheers,

Dave.

Mashtun pic shows the false bottom I made but not the nice ball valve or bulkhead included (I had it off for cleaning).

mashtun.jpg

if it gets split up i would be interested in the spiral burner
pm sent

Would be interested in the urn if you split it up have u got any pics? Brand?
cheers

The Urn is made by Two Thousand Machinery - But the company selling replacement elements told me its just a rebranded Birko. Indeed it has a Birko branded Tap.

Pics to come on Saturday.

i'll jump in line for both the urn and the burner if either falls through

Some more Pics - I've also decided to throw in a 1/2" hose spigot for the Mashtun (worth $10).

As you can see, its all in good condition and well looked after.

IMG_5045.JPG

IMG_5047.JPG

IMG_5048.JPG

IMG_5049.JPG

IMG_5050.JPG

IMG_5051.JPG

IMG_5052.JPG

IMG_5056.JPG

That's the same esky that i use for my mash tun.

They are awesome units. Mine holds temp perfectly, (last night mashed in @ 68deg, MIGHT have dropped to 67.5)

Yes Bowie,

This gear can handle double batches quite easily for "normal" strength beers up to 1.060 or so. My last few brews have all been double batches (45L into fermenter) of Irish Red Ale :p at about 1.055. No problems. This is with a 2.5:1 to 3:1 mash thickness (easy to deal with, not super thick).

EDIT: I've managed to mash 12kg of grain without too much trouble.

A quick tally - To buy this gear new would cost $785 and wouldn't include the custom made S/S false bottom :)

That's the same esky that i use for my mash tun.

They are awesome units. Mine holds temp perfectly, (last night mashed in @ 68deg, MIGHT have dropped to 67.5)

Yep I think they're great too! No wort waste and very solid (they don't warp like a lot of regular eskys). I've put expanding foam in the lid too which helps hold temps great.

Thanks Jbacon, you're first inline for the Urn if I split it up.

Anyone with reasonable offers for the Mashtun and or Kettle? (PM me)

The full setup is still available for $450 until the 7th unless I get reasonable offers for the remaining items.

Cheers,

Dave.

Back