Footy Tipping

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a Pom with no real interest in footy (is this AFL, another code, or all codes?) and little or no knowledge of the rules - although I played a few games of Rugby Union at high school - could someone explain briefly what Footy Tipping consists of, and what benefits or thrills arise from said Tipping?

I should point out that I have no gripe against footy (footies) as such, and once diligently watched an entire State of Origin Series on TV but was no wiser at all by the end of it. :rolleyes: so I clearly lack a footy gland.

However I'm always interested in some of the things that seem to float people's boats.

Bribie,
as a 75% footy supporter (not a fanatic but enjoy making time to go or to view), I believe that tipping is a way to ruin casual enjoyment of the odd game that you just happen to come across on he telly when enjoying a homebrew.
When I tip, I now have a vested interest in one or the other victory or loss.

So, no tipping for me, just have a brew and enjoy footy in moderation.

Lemon :icon_cheers:

No experience needed Bribie, in fact it probably helps. I done fairly well in a recent NFL tipping comp and have no idea of the game or teams.
It's just like any comp, all about bragging rights. I am only signed up for the NRL not the gAyFL. Just a bit of fun

I am only signed up for the NRL not the gAyFL. Just a bit of fun

SACRILEDGE!
Adelaide-logo-1991.gif

:p

You're a bit late - the footy season started last night!
:icon_cheers:

Nah rugby "let's blow a penalty & have a shot at goal cause the dopey forwards need a rest" union doesnt count.

Paul

Are you rich? Can you afford to throw money away like that :)
Looking like a good side on paper this year :icon_cheers:
Havn't checked the odds but i would think they will be paying high at the moment. Will have to activate my betfair account so I can use the money I put in there account but cant bet until I've verified my ID. Bastards were quite happy to take my money though.

Sportsbet are paying $6 for Dragons to win grand final and $9 for Souths so they also seem to think Souths may have a reasonable chance. They're paying $2001 for a Sharks v Cowboys grand final. Might be worth putting a dollar on! Surely a waste of a good dollar though :icon_cheers:

:D

Bribie, footy tipping is the same as cow tipping, you get a bunch of good ol' boys, drink a pickup truck full of bud then stagger around at night pushing over sleeping cows. Hours of endless fun. :icon_cheers:

minor bump, it's almost time for the bounce :icon_chickcheers:

cheers

I see you have hijacked my thread Yardy!

The normal AHB comp is at Oztips. If not enough members join in I'll get everyone to switch to Yardy's mob. Very 1980s Super League-ish, I dare say.

I'm keen for oztips Fatz. Bit loath to create yet another login at a different site

I'm keen for oztips Fatz. Bit loath to create yet another login at a different site

Only 4 names down for NRL. Paul can make 5. May be good idea to defect to Yardys. Or stay for a super small competition. I'll join Yardy's anyway.

I'm in again but where are we at?
What's the AHB comp name this time?

The AHB footie tipping competition is back again. Same as last year, so if you were in last year, go to Oztips and update your details. New tippers welcome. Competition details are

# 256878 for the NRL

# 256881 for the AFL.

The passwords for either competition is AHB.

Simple. Get in there.
I'm in.
Cheers.

Latest posts

Back