Fool In The Rain

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayse

Black Label Society
Reaction score
Hi brewers,
Firstly a big how do you do? from the skunk fart brewery.
Hi to all the new forum users since my last visit and a big glass of ale is being had right now for you all.
Iv'e been missing in action for sometime but sorry to all thoose that hoped i might have carked it, iam still alive and kicking.
Brewing is still going along at the ussuall rate with a cool room full of ales and 6 beers on taps at most times, with beers ready for the kegs when they empty at all times.

to many brews have been done to mention since my last visit but they have all been awesome.
Favourite thing brew related lately has been wyeast 1968 sometimes said to be the fullers strain.

anyway just a quickmessage to say iam alive and well and back in the land of AHB.

all my love
jayse

Welcome back Jayse.
Finally about to have my first crack at an American Brown. Something you were doing a few off before your hiatus.

Beers,
Doc

Good to see you back Jayse , need someone else to keep GMK inline

I have to be nice too him for at least 45 minutes tonight <_<

You still going strong with Alts? or that been and gone?

Batz

Good to have you back, jayse. Look forward to seeing you here and on chat more in future.

Doc, care to share that recipe when you get it up and running?

Good to see you back Jayse. I've just done four brews dumped consecutively on a 1968 cake, its my fave for Pommie ales. I see you did your best to get Deebee to miss the flight back for Sandgroptoberfest.

Kai said:
Doc, care to share that recipe when you get it up and running?
[post="78861"][/post]​

Yep, no problem. It is on the other notebook. Will post tomorrow morning.

Beers,
Doc

Just when you thought it was safe to go back to ahb.........

thanx brewingtons,
Doc, American brown has got to be right up there as my number one favourite style. In typical american fashion you can look at making a ESB on steriods and overdo the malt and hops. I like making mine in that fashion, keeping to the colour about 28-32, so not overly dark. Just fully malty and lovely with plenty of kettle and flavour hops to back it up.
Anyway i could talk alnite about this wonderfull beer but I'll save it for later.

Batz, i'll do my best with master kenny but no promises :huh:
Still going very mad on the alts, have two ATM. ones a Sticke which i guess you would say is ALT on steriods, 1.068 and 70ibu, weyerman dark munich.( which is gods gift to alt beer). Its a bit harder to dry them out to what a alt should be at that gravity but it still works well, unlike a normal alt it has a lot of hops on the end aswell as the shit tins of low alpha hops at the start. I,ll have one for ya right now.
The second ALT I have will go into this keg in about the 3-4 pints thats left, pretty much the same recipe that has worked so well everytime since that first one you drank several pints of when you were here.

Kai, you can be sure i'll be drinking in the chat room more often than not.

The song remains the same
Jayse

Guest Lurker said:
Good to see you back Jayse. I've just done four brews dumped consecutively on a 1968 cake, its my fave for Pommie ales. I see you did your best to get Deebee to miss the flight back for Sandgroptoberfest.
[post="78862"][/post]​

Lovely stuff Simon, thats how i go about it to, just keep reptiching the yeast from batch to batch. It works equally as good for the more over the top american version of the english styles too.
Yes it was fun 'sampling' beers with deebee for a couple days, hopefully he doesn't go home with to many horror stories of me in my drunken ellement!
Like most brewers i have meet through this lovely site you couldn't meet a more genuine and honest brewer as deebee.
Have fun Saturday, which iam sure theres no doubt whatso ever you will.

Cheers
Moby dick

jayse,

Good to see you back online. I hope to be a little more active in both brewing and posting over the springtime, too.

Cheers,
PoMo.

Hi Jayse.
Welcome back.
Good to see the American Brown ales still going strong. :chug:

cheers
johnno

thanx PoMo and Johnno,
Hope all is well in both of your households and the beer and brewing is treating you both well as it is all well here.

Dancing days
Jayse

jayse said:
Brewing is still going along at the ussuall rate with a cool room full of ales and 6 beers on taps at most times, with beers ready for the kegs when they empty at all times.
[post="78844"][/post]​

Hello Jayse, I am astounded that you have such a large supply of beer ready on tap. :chug: Let alone reserves in place. :D

Regards,
Phil

Hey jayse, welcome back. Hope you have sorted your internet connection & good to see the brewery is still in full production & heavily hopped. :beer:

PhilS said:
Hello Jayse, I am astounded that you have such a large supply of beer ready on tap. :chug: Let alone reserves in place. :D

Regards,
Phil
[post="78893"][/post]​

I think it was lennon who said 'if you can't be free what can you be'.
Theres something maybe cryptic in that which you could relate to my obsession with beer.

JasonY said:
Hey jayse, welcome back. Hope you have sorted your internet connection & good to see the brewery is still in full production & heavily hopped. :beer:
[post="78894"][/post]​

Thanx JasonY, as always there no space in my freezer for food only green vegetable matter.

Choppa down with the edge of my hand
Jayse

Yes Welcome Back Jayse.

Good to see you are still brewing as mad as ever.... :lol: :super:

Back