Food safe floats

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Report back on the build, please mate.

I've been pondering something along those lines recently too.

Danwood said:
Report back on the build, please mate.

I've been pondering something along those lines recently too.
Will do. It won't be for a few weeks as the floats are coming on a slow boat from China.

Does anyone know the outer diameter of a corny keg gas dip tube so that I can order the correct size of silicone tube?

At work at the moment so can't go and measure one.

Found it on line. Approx 7.5mm

anyone seen one with a internal diameter/bore of ~18mm... would be a possible way to float my return silicone hose in my 1v setup (currently using a glass to prevent it pointing straight down into the mash

Cervantes said:
Just to feed back these balls are not buoyant enough to float the silicone tube effectively.

Have ordered some bigger balls :ph34r: and will report back.
sorry to hear that your balls wouldn't float and you need bigger balls.
:blink: :blink: :blink:

What you need are the floats off the float valves that Dicko got for filling his barrels with the brewing water, plastic, foodsafe and cheap, will easily support the weight of the silicone tube.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3-4-Float-Valve-for-Livestock-Drinker-Bowl-Tank-Water-Trough-Dog-Horse-Cattle-M-/221782482138?hash=item33a3441cda:g:~60AAOSweW5VYr1r

He got them off eBay and I think it was in the Braumeister thread but he only paid 2 or 3 dollars I believe or Aliexpress may be cheaper.
I did check the manufacturer's site recently and they were about 60 cents each I used to buy them in 1000 lots for about 44 cents each but if its the same owner he will do a small lot if its for samples.

Back