Font Installation On A Bar Fridge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

micblair

Reaction score
Just bought a Westinghouse 130L bar fridge (http://www.westinghouse.com.au/Product?model=WRM1300WC) which i want to drill a dual chrome font into the top of, does anyone have this model fridge, or familiar where the refrigerant lines are located?

Hi micblair
I don't think they, refridgerant lines, are in the top, or the sides, don't those one's have the cooling panel at the rear of the fridge? If that is right you should be right for top and sides drilling, but only if what I said is right. It's a small fridge, you will need a circulation fan inside if it does not have one.

Fear.

Hi micblair
I don't think they, refridgerant lines, are in the top, or the sides, don't those one's have the cooling panel at the rear of the fridge? If that is right you should be right for top and sides drilling, but only if what I said is right. It's a small fridge, you will need a circulation fan inside if it does not have one.

Fear.

Yes that is correct, lines ares are on the back. Shattered the CO2 cylinder doesnt fit on the compressor hump.

Sorry was the cooling fan to keep the font cool, or for another reason?

HI

make a paste with corn flour and rubbing alcohol.
Turn the fridge off for a while.

Paint the paste the top.

When you turn it on the coolant lines will warm up and dry out the paste clearly showing where the lines are and it is safe to drill.

I have done it and it works well

WTF is rubbing Alcohol?

Google is your friend :rolleyes:

http://isocol.com.au/

banner-img-right.jpg

@micblair - hey buddy!

i have just purchased the exact same fridge as yourself and was wondering how you went with the tap installation on the top of the fridge. I am just about to drill and was hoping to see how you went and where you drilled :)

Cheers,

Alex

I am buying the same fridge and interested if it is okay to drill the top? (to install a double font)

Cheers
Jezza

Was this one ok to drill through the top guys? A mate has this fridge and wants to convert. Does a 2.3kg bottle fit inside?

Cheers,

Nick.

As for drilling through the top see post # 5 it's the safest way to go.
As for the co2 bottle I guess it depends on the bottle size,maybe PM micblair and see what he found out about fitting it inside or maybe he did some mods.

Back