Font Handles - thread size

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan88

Reaction score
G'day

I have recently started a furniture design course, and because of a new access to all kinds of exciting tools, am keen to make some of my own Font Handles, to keg in style!

The only thing is, I can't find info on what the thread on the screw, connecting the handle to the font. I'm fairly sure their pretty well universal, but not sure of the rest of it....

Anyone got any idea? I'd be appreciated...

Dan

Does anybody know a good place to get decent tap handles? Most of the ones I see online are gaudy as shit, plastic skulls etc, or they're commercial brands "Tooheys" etc.

Come to think of it Dan you should go into business making classy tap handles. :D

Most are m10, but as Liam said his are m8. You can get T-nuts that are handy for making handles.

Ah shit actually I think they might be 10. Potential brain fart (I bought nuts for my mower the same day i forget which is which) - ill check when I get home. Ignore my previous post

I know my DA Taps are a different size to my old Dorado taps, just can't remember what size sorry

got a few nice turned ones, have a look at the tap handle thread and pm me if your interested in any of them or want a custom one made.
cheers barls

Threads are US standard 3/8" 16, which is a metric equivalent to 9.525mm which is why one might think they are m10. the 16 means 16 threads/inch, which is UNC standard.

I have built a bunch of handles and always use the imperial thread, it is a perfect fit. I bought some dowel and made a jig to get the threaded inserts into the centre. when starting with dowel you have to be creative (probably moreso than I) otherwise it looks boring...

eBay is the place to find tap handles. I picked up 3 nice ones for about $15 delivered a couple of weeks ago.

Back