Follow That Beer (set Your Videos)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
If you have Optus pay tv there is a beer documentary coming up this Friday night (27 Feb) at 8:30pm on the Odyssey channel.

It is based around following a beer from being brewed in Belgium (Stella) all they way back to a restaraunt in New York.

They do show other belgian beers and cooking with beer from memory as well.

Here is the link for the program.

Beers,
Doc

There is also this doco on Foxtel on the Discovery Channel

Date: 15.03.04
Time: 7.30PM

Faking It Six Pack To Chardonnay

Bill Krejci is so passionate about beer that he's even the Captain of The U.S beer drinking team. But for three weeks he's giving up his beloved beer and begins training as an upmarket wine sommelier.

It is actually repeated on the Discovery channel a couple more times in the following days. The date and time above is the Premier of it.

Beers,
Doc

edit: Another synopsis of it.

Expert beer-guzzler Bill Krejci journeys to San Francisco for expert training in top restaurants so that he can convince judges he is an experienced wine sommelier.

If you have Foxtel Digital then Michael Jackson "Beer Hunter" is on Lifestyle Food today (Channel 116)

17.04.04 11.30AM

11.30am The Beer Hunter Lifestyle / Doco. It's the longest pub crawl in history as Michael Jackson hunts down the World's best beer. (PG)
Digital 116

17.04.04 5.30PM

5.30pm The Beer Hunter Lifestyle / Doco. It's the longest pub crawl in history as Michael Jackson hunts down the World's best beer. (PG)

Beers,
Doc

11.30am The Beer Hunter Lifestyle / Doco. It's the longest pub crawl in history as Michael Jackson hunts down the World's best beer. (PG)
Digital 116

Well aint that rude of Michael Jackson turning up on front door, he could have at least let me know he was coming becuase the Worlds best beer is in my Shed..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

seriously i may have to get my lady to tape it for me sounds like a good show....

cheers
ozdevil

Are you going to put that to VCD Doc?? Or do you already have it on record?

A bit like the keg question aint it?

I don't have foxtel digital, so wasn't able to see it/tape it.
Think I have seen it before though.

Beers,
Doc

i actually just made the switch to digital on friday night.
its called austar in tassie.
a bit of surfing and i came across the beer hunter.
it was a very old episode. 1989.
it was titled 'best of british'
talking about real cask ale and batemans brewery entering in the english beer competition.

cheers
crackers

Just seen that Monster Garage on the Discovery channel in the US has converted a Firetruck into a portable brewery.

From here

Forget about speed, wheelies and burn outs and think beer! Jesse James goes from master fabricator to master brewer as he teams up with the brew masters from Coors and Stone Brewing Company to convert an old fire truck into a monster brewery.

Will be keeping an eye out for when that episode is aired down here. Although it could be a bit of a wait as we are currently only seeing Season 1 Episode 5, and the Firetruck brewery is Season 3 Episode 49 :(

Doc

jgriffin said:
Give me a week after it's aired and i should have it.
The US or the Oz airing ?
I'm hoping you are saying the US airing as it airs on Monday.

Beers,
Doc

Yeah looking forward to seeing some pics. Found some more detail though.

Doc

You are right...Jesse is sponsored by Coors. They tapped the brewer from the Sandlot Brewery (Coors' specialty brewpub at Coors Field), and Lee Chase (Stone Head Brewer) as two of the team members to build the project. The project was built in a week (the normal time limit for Monster Garage projects).

They built a 7bbl brewery on an early 1960's firetruck. It should be a good show and I look forward to checking it out.

The firetruck is scheduled to make an appearance at both the Mammoth Beer Fest (Mammoth Lakes, CA), and the Stone 8th Anniversary Celebration & Invitational Beer Festival.

Slow day :p

More details but still no pics.

Doc

Marshall man to appear on TVs 'Monster Garage'
By JULIA ROBB
Special Projects Editor

George Plumlee's creation might not put out a fire, but it could sure put out a thirst.

Plumlee and his five-man team will be the stars of the Discovery Channel's "Monster Garage" next week as they turn a 60s-era fire truck into a rolling beer brewery.

The episode airs Aug. 9, at 8 p.m.

Plumlee, 23, said his adventure began in May 2003 when he sent an application to Monster Garage explaining why he should be featured on the show something viewers are encouraged to do.

In April 2004, the show's casting director called him and told him that he had been chosen as a team member.

Plumlee is a trained welder and metal fabricator, the latter of whom turn metal into functional objects, such as motorcycles.

Show staffers flew Plumlee to Long Beach, Calif. on Memorial Day, for the all-expenses-paid trip. He and his team worked on the fire truck in an old car dealership for five days, 12 hours a day, beginning June 1.

Monster Garage contestants always do the same thing transform vehicles.

A Ford Explorer was once turned into a garbage truck on the show, a Limousine became a fire truck, a Volkswagon bug became a swamp buggy and a Ford Mustang was turned into a lawnmower, among others.

If teams can transform their assigned vehicles in five days, each team member is given a 52-inch roll-around tool box containing $3,500 in tools.

And of course, they get all that air time.

"Everybody knew their specialty really well," Plumlee said. "We had a brew master from Coors, a brew master from Stone Brewery in San Diego, a beer/winery equipment shop owner from Oregon and a 73-year-old retired shop supervisor from the Fire Department of New York."

In order to transform the truck, Plumlee said his team had to remove everything from the truck's hose bed, create a new floor, remove the water tank, mount three 250-gallon stainless steel tanks and plumb them with water lines.

One of the tanks was for boiling water, one for mash and one to ferment the beverage.

Since it takes two weeks to make beer, Plumlee never got a chance to sample what his creation made, which was probably for the best: "I can't stand beer. I think it's hideous tasting bitter stuff," he said.

But Plumlee said he "had a blast" working on the show. "It was a ton of hard work, but the fun aspect made you not think about it."

Plumlee and other team members were individually interviewed and the cameras were always on when they were working, he said, adding he would be welding and the producer would stop him and ask him to explain, for the camera, what he was doing and why he was doing it.

Show staffers were "real easy, real nice people," he said, including show star Jesse James.

"I thought" James "would be a jerk," Plumlee said, but instead he turned out to be "easy to work with and down to earth."

Plumlee's prize, his tool chest, is already sitting in his living room.

Plumlee, originally from the West Coast, has lived in Marshall for three years. His parents live in Jefferson.

Doc said:
jgriffin said:
Give me a week after it's aired and i should have it.
The US or the Oz airing ?
I'm hoping you are saying the US airing as it airs on Monday.

Beers,
Doc
The US airing. I already have most of the shows.

The shows work out at about 350MB per episode, so either i can set up a a BT tracker, or an FTP site. Depends on how many people want it.

jgriffin said:
[The US airing. I already have most of the shows.

The shows work out at about 350MB per episode, so either i can set up a a BT tracker, or an FTP site. Depends on how many people want it.
Awesome JGrif.

Either is fine with me.

Doc

Just got the Monster Garage Fire Truck episode from a work colleauge.
Going to kick back and watch it soon.

cheers

My download is at 76%, so a few more hours to wait before I can watch.

Beers,
Doc

Are you going to burn that bad boy Doc?(hip way of saying PLEEEEEEAAASSSEEEE!!!!!!)Or is that hip giving way?

Back