Flow Control Taps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbo2234

Reaction score
Hi All,

Went to the LHBS yesterday to have a look on what to spend my xmas money on.
I was looking at the flow control taps they have Chineese knock offs and they all are spring loaded.

are all flow controls spring loaded?
I dont like the feel of a spring loaded tap, can I remove the spring?

Thanks

Perlick flow controls are not spring loaded.

I hate those springy taps too and wouldn't buy them if I had the choice (which I had).

I would Love some perlicks!

but i need 5 off em, So 500 bucks for taps is pushing things a little to far.

Is there somthing inbetween price wise?

Avoid Chinese knock offs on taps PERIOD

The taps/shanks are the most important part of a kegging set up & I've yet to find Chinese ones that do the job. When I do, we'll stock them, simple.

It does not cost a lot more for trouble free, uncontaminated, beer. I'd currently choose a cheap plastic bronco tap in preference to ANY Chinese metal tap.

cheers Ross

:icon_offtopic: I know it's already been mentioned perlicks aren't spring loaded... but i just have to jump OT and say OMFG how good are perlick flow controls? only had mine 3 days, so i'm a little excited still :)

What is the preferred tap then
Perlick SS or Perlick with flow control? Do they drip without a spring? :(

flow controls rock.

Some people have a thing for SS cylinders from past jobs though ;)

no, they don't drip.

Avoid Chinese knock offs on taps PERIOD

The taps/shanks are the most important part of a kegging set up & I've yet to find Chinese ones that do the job. When I do, we'll stock them, simple.

It does not cost a lot more for trouble free, uncontaminated, beer. I'd currently choose a cheap plastic bronco tap in preference to ANY Chinese metal tap.

cheers Ross

I think your right mate...
depending on how good Santa is to me I might start off with 3 and work my way up.
Come on Santa hook me up!

:icon_offtopic: I know it's already been mentioned perlicks aren't spring loaded... but i just have to jump OT and say OMFG how good are perlick flow controls? only had mine 3 days, so i'm a little excited still :)

Had mine half a year or so now, i still get excited every time i grab one!
I have recently installed 30cm long tap handles - the feel of the pull is heavenly... /endrant

Back