Floris Fruit Beers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

CraftBrewer
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Floris range of fruit beers?
The most intense passion fruit I've ever tasted in a beer - Does anyone know where it can be bought in Brisbane?

Yech.

The alcopops of the Belgian beer world. I've had the fraises (strawberry) reminded me of sugar water. <_<

Sort of wonder if they're marketed in Belgium to lure the teenyboppers. :unsure:

Ross, they turn up occasionally down here. I reckon if you hunt around some of the better bottlos you'll turn some up. They're usually in pretty shabby nick though. OTOH Maybe that's as good as they get. :unsure: Never bothered trying them in Belgium.

Warren -

Ross, the only place I know you can get them at is the Belgium Beer Cafe. I have never seen them in a retail shop.

JJ

I'm with warrenlw63 - they taste (to me) like someone has added a fruit cordial to a fairly ordinary ale.

My favourite beer (of this style) would have to be the Liefmans Frambozen - a beautiful beer by any account. Their Ale; Liefmans Goudenband is exceptional ale too.

Yep,

If I were going to consume any of them (not a real huge fan of fruit beers really). Rose de Gambrinus is a mighty nice, complex drop a blend of Kreik and Framboise. :super:

Either that or head down the Flanders Brown path (better IMO) and try a Liefmans Kriek or Frambozenbier. :rolleyes: Now weez gettin there. :beerbang:

As tart as a Broadmeadows slapper. :chug:

Warren -

Goat said:
I'm with warrenlw63 - they taste (to me) like someone has added a fruit cordial to a fairly ordinary ale.

My favourite beer (of this style) would have to be the Liefmans Frambozen - a beautiful beer by any account. Their Ale; Liefmans Goudenband is exceptional ale too.
[post="89858"][/post]​

that's a nice beer! Going to the belgian is great, place where I can buy beer that's really good...

warrenlw63 said:
Yep,

As tart as a Broadmeadows slapper. :chug:

Warren -
[post="89861"][/post]​

:D :p :lol:

Sorry Goat. I should have read more thoroughly I didn't realize you'd already endorsed the Liefman's Frambozen. You're right top drop and carbonated to buggery. :super: :blink:

Warren -

Goat said:

[post="89858"][/post]​

I'll have to keep my eyes open for the Liefmans - The Floris was for my daughter, who's just turned 18 & reckons beer is fairly ordinary - Thought it would be just about right for her pallette ;) ...

C'mon Ross admit it mate.

The banana beer, fruity Belgian alcopops. Wanting to walk off into the sunset with Darren. You're becoming a funny/peculiar, mid-life "artistic" brewer. :p :lol:

If you can't find the Floris sometimes the De Troch lines of Chapeau beers have made the odd cameo in good bottlos. They're similar to the Floris but probably a little better IMO. You can even get banana or blackcurrant among others. Yuck! Ribena Lambic. :huh: :beerbang:

edit: spelling

Warren -

warrenlw63 said:

The banana beer, fruity Belgian alcopops. Wanting to walk off into the sunset with Darren. You're becoming a funny/peculiar, mid-life "artistic" brewer.

If you can't find the Floris sometimes the De Troch lines of Chapeau beers have made the odd cameo in good bottlos. They're similar to the Floris but probably a little better IMO. You can even get banana or blackcurrant among others. Yuck! Ribena Lambic. :huh: :beerbang:

Warren -
[post="89879"][/post]​

Bugger - I've been rumbled :ph34r: - I'll come quietly officer :D

warrenlw63 said:

The banana beer, fruity Belgian alcopops. Wanting to walk off into the sunset with Darren. You're becoming a funny/peculiar, mid-life "artistic" brewer. :p :lol:

If you can't find the Floris sometimes the De Troch lines of Chapeau beers have made the odd cameo in good bottlos. They're similar to the Floris but probably a little better IMO. You can even get banana or blackcurrant among others. Yuck! Ribena Lambic.

Warren -
[post="89879"][/post]​

Yeah - next thing you know he'll be brewing something like a sub-tropical flower petal wit. :p

Ross, for your daughter, she might like the Bellevue Kriek. It is sweet, a little tart, fruity and spritzy. The Grape usually sells it.

Cheers - Snow

Snow said:
Yeah - next thing you know he'll be brewing something like a sub-tropical flower petal wit. :p

[post="89882"][/post]​

Hey Snow. We don't want get ourselves rumbled by the great G.L. Sanders. :lol: No, no our little forum's too small for that. :ph34r:

Warren -

Bugger, I was really hoping someone tracked this down in Brisbane.

One of my mates going to Moreton for Easter isn't man enough to drink XXXX - and I haven't brewed for a while... :unsure: - and know that the girly man likes his Florisgaarden. There are a few bottles of Belle Vue there, and Weihenstephaner... but he insists.

So still nowhere? Or a similar bier, that's at least available?

try your daughter out on Leffe Blond - fairly sweet and fragrant.

Back