Florian's Blueberry Bomb Available Now!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Florian

Back On Track
Reaction score
Brewers,

It's time to kick off the final round of the BABBs 2012 mash paddle competition.

What better beer to start it with than my

BlueberryBombbeerlabelFA.jpg

It's available for one week only, starting right now until this Sunday 29th at Archive Bar in Brisbane's West End, 100 Boundary Street.

From the blurb:

Naturally full of antioxidants, 40 kilos of Blueberries lend this beer their subtly sweet flavour.
This hint of Blueberries is just enough to successfully blend in with the true characteristics of a Bavarian Hefeweizen - ripe Bananas, clove and hints of sweet bubblegum.
Combined with its rich mouth feel, resulting from a combination of imported German wheat malt and floor malted Czech and British malts, this beer is one not to be missed.

I will be there tonight from 5pm onwards and hopefully on a few other nights during the week.
Hope to catch up with as many of you as possible, so leave the sore heads from Qld beer week behind you and make your way over to Archive.

Be sure to ask the bar staff for one of the voting cards so you can voice your valued opinion and take part in the competition.
Remember, the beer with the most votes wins, so vote plenty.

Cheers,

Florian

Nice wok Florian! Love the label!! ;)

Not sure if/when I will make if down - busy week with BABBs and BABBs Comp Judging - but will do my best!

Cheers

Wow! sounds great and love the label, hope to get down before Sunday, all the best.

Screwy

I'll be popping in Wednesday (when delivering the next one) or earlier.... Was tasting great at the Brewery.

FYI....
Next week: Simeon Bonetti's - Sloppy Marmalade Porter.
Followed by: James Richard's - Cherry Poppin' Blonde.
& finally: Alex Hyde's - Raspberry Schwarzbier.

Thanks guys, only found out yesterday that my beer is on from today so quickly whipped the label and name up last night.

Nick, you could always stop for a quick one on the way to or from BABBs ;)

I might do the same, actually.

Screwy, let me know if you can make it in and I'll try my very best to meet you there. Has been too long between beers.

Don't tempt me Florian - I'm still in trouble from QLD Beer Week... :ph34r:

Where would you get 40 kilos of blueberries from? :eek:

Don't you know Ross has everything Bribie!!

Don't tempt me Florian - I'm still in trouble from QLD Beer Week... :ph34r:
How did that happen? - you seemed perfectly sober when I left el Scratcho ;)

Nah, I was.... Just more the fact I went out twice. In a week. Not looking forward to telling her it's BABBs week this week... She already knows about Sunday.

Only Kidding, though, she's been fine with it. However, pushing for an Archive visit may not work...Maybe I can work it into Trivia Night or half price meals or sumfink....

;)

Or I could just blame you again, Perry. You're surely the source of all my ills :p

Or I could just blame you again, Perry. You're surely the source of all my ills :p

haha, have done that a few times, too. :ph34r:

But seriously Nick, if you drop in on the way to BABBs she won't even know.

Anyway, will be over there in an hour with a mate if anyone is sobered up enough keen.

haha, have done that a few times, too. :ph34r:

Anyway, will be over there in an hour with a mate if anyone is sobered up enough keen.

I'll be there Friday night Florian....I'm starting at Scratcha-rama at 3.00pm!

Didn't see your post before I was on the phone......I'm going to have my own beer weekend with my mate Bill..............Inviso Bill <_<

I had a slug of the brew at BABBs

******* beautiful.

Mod me for the F word B)

Nick - the man has a point... I'll ask the taxi if a detour is acceptable :)

Maybe we can pick someone else up from Archive so Nick and I have to go in and "find" them.

That said if it wasn't a F#&*^#$*&#$ng WHEAT beer I'd be on the bus on my way there now. It really is a style that just doesn't float my boat. Sorry Florian, I think it's a great example but it's just not for me.

Cheers,

Ed

:icon_offtopic:

It's probably a good idea if I drive Thurs anyway - This taxi driver says detour A-OK ;)

Cheers

Mmmm, may have to do a growler trip to Archive this week.

Back