Float Switch For Filling Hlt

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OzBeer_MD

Reaction score
Thought I'd share this;

I have a dual 10 inch water filter plumbed with 1/4 inch John Guest tube to my HLT. The flow is set not to exceed the flow rate of the filter media. Filling 50 Litres or thereabouts can take a long time and multitasking on brew day sometimes leads to distraction and water flowing out the top of the vessel all over the bench (and electrics!) below it. Well now the solution is in place. A plug pack, a float switch and a solenoid, whalla!

MD

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought I'd share this;

I have a dual 10 inch water filter plumbed with 1/4 inch John Guest tube to my HLT. The flow is set not to exceed the flow rate of the filter media. Filling 50 Litres or thereabouts can take a long time and multitasking on brew day sometimes leads to distraction and water flowing out the top of the vessel all over the bench (and electrics!) below it. Well now the solution is in place. A plug pack, a float switch and a solenoid, whalla!

MD

Care to go into more detail or show some pictures of where the float switch is etc etc?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back