Flat Ginger Beer - Keg or Counter Pressure Filler?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete Donohue

Reaction score
I have probably 15L left of Morgans kit GB in PET bottles and it's pretty flat (not much carbonation at all). It's been in the bottles for almost 3 weeks with 2 carb drops per 750ml bottle. If it doesn't carb up well, is there any point in pouring it into a keg (I have some 10L kegs coming this week) and then carbing up? Will oxidisation affect it the same as beer? Next thought would be a Counter Pressure device and just carbing each bottle as I drink them.

Thoughts / Comments appreciated :)

Have they been kept warm ?, i move mine upstairs into the house if i dont think its warm enough to carb correctly.
I would probably move to the keg otherwise its down the drain.

Have they been kept warm ?, i move mine upstairs into the house if i dont think its warm enough to carb correctly.
I would probably move to the keg otherwise its down the drain.
Probably warm enough. Just in the laundry, ambient swings a little but between 18-22 deg.

No harm in transferring them to the keg, I just done a Mangrove Jack pouch and kegged it has carb'd up nicely on my regular beer setting of 12-14psi in 7 days.

I have done pre-mix kegs of cc and dry, we just buy approx 13-15 bottles depending on brand (the schweppes are 1.1ltr) and just mix it up in the keg, any flattening of the dry ginger takes up when left on the gas a few days.

I would chill the bottles prior to the transfer as this will help the GB retain any carbonation they already have and will help it take the carbonation in the keg sooner too.

Hope this helps.

Back