Flat Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fifo

Reaction score
I brewed up a Coopers Canadian blond and a coopers pilsner in the beginning of August and bottled them on the 10th of August, I tried the first Bottle about 10 days ago and it seemed a bit on the flat side,actually tasted still pretty immature, still pours a nice head,so randomly picked a couple of bottles and all tasted the same,It has been quite cold here in kalgoorlie and I`m thinking it hasn`t done it`s secondary fermentation due to being cold. I`v been away for seven weeks so the beer was in the pantry in the shed. I`v moved it to a warmer place and kept around 20 degress and tried one yesterday it tastes ok but there is still no carbonation

My question is, if secondary been a bit slow due to the cold, should i open every bottle and add another teaspoon of sugar and a couple grains of yeast and re cap.

Mario

Dont add anything yet. How much priming sugar did you add in the first place?
Give each bottle a good shake, in case the yeast has decided to stick to the bottom of the bottle instead of doing its job, and keep them at 20 degrees for another couple of weeks then try again.

I put a teaspoon of white sugar to the king browns and half a teaspoon to the stubbies,

You have underprimed but it sounds drinkable. Trying to reprime just sounds like more work. If you want an extra brewing job, make some more beer.

My guess is it will carbonate up a little bit more in time but next time you might want to try bulk priming as the way to get carbonation levels just right.

Latest posts

Back