Flat beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All, did a coopers stout , using brew enhancer 2, temp when brewing between 24-26, bottled after 8 days, used 500ml bottles added one carbonation drop per bottle, tried after 14 days tastes flat. Any ideas on
what could have go wrong or how to resurrect brew.

Maybe just take two bottles and add one more drop to one and two drops to another, recap and see where they end up compared to an original bottle after a week or so. If either is better then apply that across your batch..

1 is too little and 2 probably too much, you should look into bulk priming, you'll get much more consistent results and it wont matter what size bottles you use.

Are you using PET bottles? Make sure they are sealing properly and with 1 drop in a 500 ml, with a stout, in 3 months they'll be just right. I'm guilty of having a crack at under-aged bottles. Some of my stouts taste pretty good after a couple of years in the bottle. Glass.

Are you using PET bottles? Make sure they are sealing properly and with 1 drop in a 500 ml, with a stout, in 3 months they'll be just right. I'm guilty of having a crack at under-aged bottles. Some of my stouts taste pretty good after a couple of years in the bottle. Glass.
thanks, no they are glass, ill have to show some patience

Back