Flanders Red Ready To Bottle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j1gsaw

Certified Pisswreck
Reaction score
Hey All.
Well after 17 months resting im going to bottle my flanders, fingers crossed it will be a tasty drop.
Im guessing i will need to add a bit of yeast with the bottling sugar? like us-05 or notto, maybe some 1118C champagne yeast?
Since i dont bulk prime, is there any possibility that i could just use, say half a packet of yeast, hydrate it in some sterilised water, and say use a small syringe to add a small amount to each bottle, then add the priming sugar?? Or is that too hit an miss and could cause bottle bombs?

Or, would it be better to just rack the flanders to another barrel that i have already added the yeast/sugar mix too, and bottle etc?
Im unsure of what carb level a flanders should have really, and how much sugar to prime with? Will half a packet of yeast suffice? or the full packet? cheers.

002.JPG

Jig,

Similar thread by Josh started here also just this morning too:

Lambic bottling

I presume its not too high in alc% ?

Similar to my response on the above thead I would be looking to:

1. krausen it with a very small portion of fresh wort that contains active yeast (from a clean low bittered beer), or
2. rack to secondary - then pitch fresh clean yeast (1056/wlp001) and priming sugar. Champagne yeast may not be required if its only a 5% ish beer?

Jig,

Similar thread by Josh started here also just this morning too:

Lambic bottling

I presume its not too high in alc% ?

Similar to my response on the above thead I would be looking to:

1. krausen it with a very small portion of fresh wort that contains active yeast (from a clean low bittered beer), or
2. rack to secondary - then pitch fresh clean yeast (1056/wlp001) and priming sugar. Champagne yeast may not be required if its only a 5% ish beer?

It was a OG 1070 beer this one, i started it with us05, then added the roselare about 5 days in once i racked it. Jamils recipe etc.

I was listening to Jamils (BN) Flander Red podcast this morning on the bus! Keen to get one of these down soon actually!

Latest posts

Back