Fixing an over carved keg in minutes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyone else watches this, jump straight to about the 8min mark, there' is less than 2mins worth of topic

DU99 said:
no good for me Pin Lock
You could Du99 however you would need a spare beer out and John guest type fitting along the gas line. I have a spare beer out on my gas line but i use that for force carbing.

Cheers

BDB

Im going to have a go at this now see how it works

I dont have post mix kegs and i think the coupler is f#cked
Couldnt hear any gas going down beer tube and so it didnt work
Might work with post mix kegs but it didnt with mine
Will try again tomorrow when sober
I have been brewing today and f#ck i am drunk

I just did this. My beer was able to be poured much faster!

I refuse to use the wrong connections so i put a beer dc on my gas line and used that...

:)

as someone who regularly over carbs my kegs i will be trying this for sure.

sterlo

Am I the only one with kegs that can take either connect on either post? Is that unusual?

Mine dont. The last time I got a gas disconnect on the beer post it was bloody hard to get it off again.

Yep with the last couple of brewers, on the kegs I import the most common part I have to replace is posts that have been damaged due to mixing up the disconnects.

Go with the other options mentioned above that allow you to use the technique with putting the opposite disconnect on its opposing post.

Ciro

peas_and_corn said:
Mine dont. The last time I got a gas disconnect on the beer post it was bloody hard to get it off again.
This. Very upsetting when I first got into kegging.

Surprised this works - that the gas going in purges more gas than it pushes in. Obviously does though. One to keep in the back pocket.

Yeah he doesn't show how he removed the gas QD from the beer post...

mikec said:
Yeah he doesn't show how he removed the gas QD from the beer post...
I have had the gas QD on my beer post before and it's definitely harder to remove but I put a bit of food grade silicone lubricant (white grease it's also called) on and it's no problem. I've heard it's good to use on them anyway, keeps the rubber bits healthier

Latest posts

Back