Fitting Beer Belly Hop Screen To Keggle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CONNOR BREWARE

Reaction score
Just fitting my beer belly deluxe hop screen to my A type keg and it needs to be bent a bit so the pipe will meet the keg wall at a right angle. The kegs just a touch to skinny. As it is now my 1/2" pipe is not square, it's at say 70 degrees as it comes through the keg wall. So I'm intending to do this by hand, but before I do I thought I might check with you guys in case I'm about to commit a fatal error.

So do you think I should apply heat etc? I'd like to avoid any kinky business in the pipe.

(Keg is a legal one, won as a prize from the brewery)

Cheers

Ciro

Hey Duke I remember someone posting something about a similar problem not too long ago, buggered if i can find the post though. Anyone?

I assume that the pipe you need to bend will be 1/2 inch stainless, in which case adding a little bit of heat is not going to do any good.
If it's thick walled (1.2mm) it will be an absolute bitch to bend successfully without a pipe bender, if its thinner walled stuff (0.9 or 1mm) you run a very real risk of kinking it quite easily without something (like a pipe bender) to bend it around.

Of course it depends on where and how much you need to bend it, but I'd run the problem past the folks at Beerbelly and ask them the best way to do it before you potentially kink/break it.

Hey Duke I remember someone posting something about a similar problem not too long ago, buggered if i can find the post though. Anyone?

Cheers Cats, Guess I'll do some more research on metal working forums or something. Its such a nice piece of workmanship I'd had to crimp the s curve pipe. I'm hoping to have it working for Sunday brew session with the backyard cascade hop cones. Bring your favorite pint glass, I'll ht up Maine liquor before you get here!!

I assume that the pipe you need to bend will be 1/2 inch stainless, in which case adding a little bit of heat is not going to do any good.
If it's thick walled (1.2mm) it will be an absolute bitch to bend successfully without a pipe bender, if its thinner walled stuff (0.9 or 1mm) you run a very real risk of kinking it quite easily without something (like a pipe bender) to bend it around.

Of course it depends on where and how much you need to bend it, but I'd run the problem past the folks at Beerbelly and ask them the best way to do it before you potentially kink/break it.
hmm yeah your probably right Wolfy. I'll call BB tomorrow. I do have pipe bender for my copper plumbing work but given it;s SS I'm hesitant to experiment.

Anyone else out there had a similar prob they managed to fix?

Latest posts

Back