First World Problems Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gets the job done ;)

Actually, indian shops sell a sweetened sort of version - hing goli, it doesn't smell the same after the processing. My shop was out :( Had to boil stinky....

Gets the job done ;)

Actually, indian shops sell a sweetened sort of version - hing goli, it doesn't smell the same after the processing. My shop was out :( Had to boil stinky....
The last thing I would have wanted to do yesterday was cook, boil or rend down anything let alone something stinky.

Cheers
Chris

Early morning Brewing is my FWP... damn, cant yet have a beer and Im running to the kettle by half 9.

<_<

Hing (Devil's Dung) is great once it's cooked - it's like a whole raft of other "ethnic" foods that stink to high heaven when uncooked (fish sauce, parmesan etc) but heavenly when included in a recipe.

Hing - the compunded variety - is best used into hot oil so it sizzles - then cook something in the oil - omelette, some dahl etc. I keep my tub in a sealed container so it doesn't stink out the pantry.

If you've ever eaten at a Hari Krishna restaurant and burp up that nice garlicky oniony afterburp, that's hing - they don't use Garlic or Onions as it's not allowed in Vedic cuisine.

Edit: hing smells exactly like your armpit after a march across the Simpson Desert.

Gardening day today. Mowed front, mowed back then took my old corflute real estate sign which I use as a "mask" so I can spray all round the borders and fence edges with Roundup without it getting onto anything else. Grabbed ye green squirter bottle and painstakingly did the spraying, then did the gravel paths and the clothes hanging area etc etc. Well pleased I put ye green bottle back on the shelf then spotted the label. I'd used the Confidor (insecticide). Well the weeds will be pest free anyway.

Shat myself in front of the neighbours instead of inside in private, as per usual.

Austrian/Indonesian/slavic hybrid with a bit of Egyptian mongrel and a touch of Peruvian.

Just loose bowels, not race related

That is the worst smelling shit that exists.
Correction. You should smell this dried fish SWMBO brought back from China. I'm sitting here gagging while she's actually putting it in her mouth on the other side of the room. Ghastly.

Coming home after a weekend away to find the gas bottle empty and kegs flat.

Fkn leak in a JG fitting...

I'm sitting here gagging while she's actually putting it in her mouth on the other side of the room. Ghastly.

She's probably used to putting ghastly things in her mouth Bum............ sorry, coundn't resist ;)

Correction. You should smell this dried fish SWMBO brought back from China. I'm sitting here gagging while she's actually putting it in her mouth on the other side of the room. Ghastly.

I love to sniff Asafoetida even more than wimmens nikkers. :rolleyes:

20130103_220353.jpg

I'm not used to being the one doing the gaging though, browndog.

Yeah, I've only had beer 3 days this year so far. So much for "silly season".

Back