First World Problems Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just experienced a new level of depression.
Ordering a burger from Lord of the Fries, the burger joint I've been meaning to try for ages. I'm standing there waiting for it to be made, look at the menu thinking "why is there a comma missing between the words veg and beef?.... oh no". Then I saw the words 100% vegetarian. Ask for Vegan!!!
I don't mind the odd vege burger, but there's nothing worse than being tricked into eating one. And damn it was a disappointing burger too - just a boring sponge patty with lots of hotsauce.
No animals died in the making of that burger, just my soul.
And to really rub it in, I had to walk past hungry jacks on the way back to the office.

Yep, I can get into a good veggie burger, but theirs suck. That said, it must be nice as a vego to have a crappy late-night burger option along the lines of Maccas - for that level of drunk when only the worst will do. ;)

Last edited:
Just experienced a new level of depression.
Ordering a burger from Lord of the Fries, the burger joint I've been meaning to try for ages. I'm standing there waiting for it to be made, look at the menu thinking "why is there a comma missing between the words veg and beef?.... oh no". Then I saw the words 100% vegetarian. Ask for Vegan!!!
I don't mind the odd vege burger, but there's nothing worse than being tricked into eating one. And damn it was a disappointing burger too - just a boring sponge patty with lots of hotsauce.
No animals died in the making of that burger, just my soul.
And to really rub it in, I had to walk past hungry jacks on the way back to the office.

Got a few vegos in the family, so this can be an issue from time to time. Vegan food is reminds me of the bible, there is some fine philosophy in there, but then it attempts to prove to much with all the miracles and supernatural stuff. This is vegan food - which in not explicitly vegan anyway - when it trespasses into the domain of animal products. 'I cant believe its not butter' I can.

I knew a vegan once, they were that anemic you couldn’t see them in a brightly lit room.

The fact that they want to make a lot of their food look like meat (sausages, patties etc) gives me the impression there must be some guilty desire in that.

I knew a vegan once, they were that anemic you couldn’t see them in a brightly lit room.

The fact that they want to make a lot of their food look like meat (sausages, patties etc) gives me the impression there must be some guilty desire in that.

Yep. I respect a persons ethical decision to eschew all animal product, its not easy, but the fact of the matter is we are an omnivorous species. I reckon that 'guilty desire' is the enteric nervous system at work .Your gut knows, for example, Greek salad with chunks of tofu in lieu of feta is a crime against humanity.

Maybe next time might be best to stick with the Phish - apparently it's a gift from the sea :fallingoffchair:

Yep. I respect a persons ethical decision to eschew all animal product, its not easy, but the fact of the matter is we are an omnivorous species. I reckon that 'guilty desire' is the enteric nervous system at work .Your gut knows, for example, Greek salad with chunks of tofu in lieu of feta is a crime against humanity.

Dave...get off the internet...and get of it NOW

No way, has someone made that?

Was said - 'When you marinate it in olive oil and oregano, it tastes the same anyway'.

I'll go on the record say - It doesn't taste the same.

Give them feta, tell them it's marinata tofu. See if they can tell the difference then

When you slice open a bag of grated cheese, on the dotted line with the little picture of a pair of scissors, only to find that some numpty has the printing all wrong and I have to make a SECOND cut just to open the bag.

What about the bags that don't seal properly at all??!

Saxa rock salt bags, they have a 'fish-tailed fold' on either end so the reseal jigger only reseals part of the opening.

How the freakin fark does that make sense.

All is lost.

Back