First World Problems Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My keg King kegerator arrived in Adelaide on Monday morning. Toll Ipec took it for a tour on Tuesday. They took it for a tour on Thursday. They took it for another tour today. I am unsure why it did not get a tour on Wednesday. They have not delivered it yet. Delivery destination was only 11.1km from the depot. I only just got the con number today when I queried (yesterday) why I have not received it. I spent 20 minutes on the phone and finally was able to speak to someone at the Adelaide Toll Ipec depot who said they would contact the driver, smack him on the back of the head and tell him to deliver it before 5:00pm. Anyone want to take bets if it will arrive in the next 28 minutes? My guess is no.

Stupid thing is I drive past the depot everyday and could have picked it up on Monday had I known...

Bought a pair of shorts from the Kmart in an emergency (wrong choice of clothes hearing out the door in the morning), they are the next size to what I used to buy.... And they fit perfectly without needing a belt even! :(

practicalfool said:
Bought a pair of shorts from the Kmart in an emergency (wrong choice of clothes hearing out the door in the morning), they are the next size to what I used to buy.... And they fit perfectly without needing a belt even! :(
Kmart sizes are often wrong!!

I haven't eaten a cornflake for about five years, and in fact I generally regard breakfast cereal as only fit for pigs, but in the last few days I have had an almost insane craving for a bowl of Kellogs (not fake supermarket versions) cornflakes with creamy milk and sugar. I succumbed and found to my surprise that KCF have almost disappeared from the supermarket aisles.
When I was a cereal eater, KCF were huge and came in numerous sizes from pensioner size up to one as big as a small car. Imagine my surprise when the local Coles stocks only wee 200g boxes for $2.80 and also a Coles Brand cornflakes - wait for it - 800g for $3.

Have people stopped eating cornflakes?

I bought the wee box - the flakes seem smaller than they were years ago.

You made the right choice buying the small Kellogg's packet. I'm all for home brand, but I reckon that in this instance if you got the Coles brand, the box would have tasted better than its contents.

Definitely. The coles version of sultana bran is absolutely bloody foul. Never again.

Bribie G said:
I haven't eaten a cornflake for about five years, and in fact I generally regard breakfast cereal as only fit for pigs, but in the last few days I have had an almost insane craving for a bowl of Kellogs (not fake supermarket versions) cornflakes with creamy milk and sugar. I succumbed and found to my surprise that KCF have almost disappeared from the supermarket aisles.
When I was a cereal eater, KCF were huge and came in numerous sizes from pensioner size up to one as big as a small car. Imagine my surprise when the local Coles stocks only wee 200g boxes for $2.80 and also a Coles Brand cornflakes - wait for it - 800g for $3.

Of course Kellogg Corn Flakes were part if the regime invented by by John Kellogg to diminish the urge to masturbate.
Probably explains why there is less on the shelves these days!

Cheers
Chris ( non KCF eater)

And why Bribie had sworn off them.

Bribie G said:

I would have picked you for a crunchy nut eater Bribie :D

yardy said:
KCF slightly resemble scabs.
KFC looks awesome on the tv ads.

I buy it about once a year. I'm always disappointed. Doesn't taste anywhere as good as it looks on tv.

I didn't eat KFC for around 15 years after I got food poisoning at their Caloundra branch. Then when I was in BABBs in Brisbane I would occasionally go the KFC on Logan Road to line my stomach prior to the meeting and the menu choices had really gone down. They used to go "two pieces and chips, three pieces and chips, four pieces... etc. I really like the hot n spicy pieces but the rest of the stuff they now make you ingest as part of the "meal deal" is alarming - MSG gravy poured into a cup of instant mashed potatoid substance and the chips are dreadful, with some sort of MSG dusting and they always look orange - and soggy. The can o cheap soft drink is a bit weird as well - prefer postmix.

Actually a KFC with Maccas fries and Hungry Jacks onion rings would be excellent.

edit: the reason it's not Kentucky FRIED Chicken anymore is down to the fat scare of the 1980s onwards, so the Fried was taken out of the title. Now that the "Healthy Food Pyramid" - you know the one that has produced the two fattest generations on the planet - has been discredited I believe that the old name is going to be reinstated in the USA for starters.

Bribie G said:
I didn't eat KFC for around 15 years after I got food poisoning at their Caloundra branch. Then when I was in BABBs in Brisbane I would occasionally go the KFC on Logan Road to line my stomach prior to the meeting and the menu choices had really gone down. They used to go "two pieces and chips, three pieces and chips, four pieces... etc. I really like the hot n spicy pieces but the rest of the stuff they now make you ingest as part of the "meal deal" is alarming - MSG gravy poured into a cup of instant mashed potatoid substance and the chips are dreadful, with some sort of MSG dusting and they always look orange - and soggy. The can o cheap soft drink is a bit weird as well - prefer postmix.

Actually a KFC with Maccas fries and Hungry Jacks onion rings would be excellent.

edit: the reason it's not Kentucky FRIED Chicken anymore is down to the fat scare of the 1980s onwards, so the Fried was taken out of the title. Now that the "Healthy Food Pyramid" - you know the one that has produced the two fattest generations on the planet - has been discredited I believe that the old name is going to be reinstated in the USA for starters.
I think KFC went down hill when they stopped frying their chicken and started baking it.

I'm planning on selling mine to pro members.

Back