First Use Of Hlt

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guest Lurker

Big Dog Brewing
Reaction score
Some people will be aware that Batz sorted me out with some gear to get into an all grain setup. Decided to give the Hot Liquor Tank its first run on Christmas Day.

Since I havent got around to putting a tap in or buying a gas burner, I couldnt actually use it to make beer. Makes a very tasty turkey though and there is no reason why you couldnt do this with a fully equipped HLT.

HLT for turkey

Not exactly what I had in mind Simon , but looks great .
Don't think I'll show the wife that , might wonder why I gave you the spare keg......wondering a little myself now :D :D

I promise to make beer with it soon. Been thinking about pump vs three tier etc. Cant be bothered messing round with a pump for a single infusion system when all that gravity is available for free for moving fluids. But the boiler is so damn big, and I am aiming to do oversized batches, so not keen to build the system up too high using bits of timber stolen off street verges. So at the moment, the rough design is a two tier system, with a pulley block off a tree for moving heavy things from the bottom tier back up again. Will soon post pics of a boiler and 50 litres of wort at 80 degrees swinging wildly across my back yard.

so whats the first brew going to be simon?
cock ale or maybe turkey ale :D

Well I'll be there in April to tack a look , and a beer sample , bit a turkey?
Why not !

Back