First time bulk priming question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robrock

Reaction score
Hi good people I'm sure it been on here before but I could not find a thread .. I'm about to try the bulk prime thing before bottling .. My take on this so far is sugar in warm water about 500 ml ? Or should I use some of the beer mix ? Then add to empty 25 ltr container then drain beer into it using hose at angle to help stir ? It's a 23 ltr kit made from a coopers corona and brew enhancer 2 so my thoughts so far is 6 grams to the litre so I add 138 grams of white sugar ? Let it settle for say 10 mins then bottle .. Have I got this right so far ? Is there a better way ? Many thanks in advance and happy new year

When I bulk prime I add Dex to boiling water from the kettle in a pyrex jug. 400ml to 130g dex for 23L

Edit. This mix is added to a second vessel and the beer racked on to it,,, Not added to the primary.

I boil table sugar in about 400ml of water for 5 minutes on the stove, cool and add to bottling bucket. Then run the beer in gently and avoid splashing. You could also stir gently into fermentor if you wanted, but you'd generally end up with more gunk in the bottom of the bottles. See Maltyhops' table here (which includes a link to the AHB calculator) to work out the right amount of sugar. I use my the calculator in my brewing software:

http://aussiehomebrewer.com/gallery/image/7986-bulk-priming-per-litre-rates-cane-sugar-suits-any-batch-size/

Back