First time brewing need help

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pch

Reaction score
I just got my Coopers home brew kit and the Brew enhancer2 is solid as a brick, should it be this way? Can someone please help me.
TIA.

Last edited:
No, it shouldn't be that way. But you can still use it.

Don't worry if it does not dissolve completely, the yeast will still eat it.

Good luck
Thankyou for the reply, I have another question. I only want to brew light beer, alcohol %. So would I just use half of the Brew Enhacer2?

By itself - if you are making it to 23L, you should be getting a 3.7% beer. Halving the BE2 will give you a 3% beer. Leaving it out entirely will give you a 2.2% beer.

Last edited:
By itself - if you are making it to 23L, you should be getting a 3.7% beer. Halving the BE2 will give you a 3% beer. Leaving it out entirely will give you a 2.2% beer.
Thanks. I was looking at about a 2.4% beer.

I just got my Coopers home brew kit and the Brew enhancer2 is solid as a brick, should it be this way? Can someone please help me.
TIA.
If it's just compacted then ok. If it's as hard as a brick then damp has somehow got into it- it doesn't take much but it's very hygroscopic. It'll be OK, but you'll need to smash it up with a hammer.

Last edited:
So if I add 250g would that then make it 2.7%?

I just got my Coopers home brew kit and the Brew enhancer2 is solid as a brick, should it be this way? Can someone please

TIA.
As stated below, it'll be fine.
Just be careful of stirring lots until dissolved so it doesn't sit on the bottom and scorch.

Good luck and welcome to homebrewing!

How much BE2 would I have to add to make a 2.4% alcohol brew?

I don't think it will taste that good at that low an abv, without the additives. Many coopers kits are quite thin and bland even with be2. I often used Be3 or dry malt.

I don't think it will taste that good at that low an abv, without the additives. Many coopers kits are quite thin and bland even with be2. I often used Be3 or dry malt.
It's just that I am so used to drinking Cascade Premium Light 2.4%. What would you suggest I do?

I guess if you're used to beer that light then give it a go. I'd add half of the Be2.

Which kit are you doing and how are you fermenting it, any temp control at this stage?

bradmcm, the directions say that adding all the BE2 will give me a 4.5% beer?

Back