First Tasting Of Home Brew... Mates Loved It!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshld

Reaction score
G'day all,
Last night I took half a dozen bottles around to a mates for a BBQ to see wht the boys thought of my home brew..
After my first batch was a bit of a disaster, I wasn't sure how this one would go.I thought it tasted pretty good with the addition of hops and adding malt into the mix.
Half way through the night I bought them out and cracked a few open...They were all gone within 10 minutes and they still wanted more!
I went home feeling pretty good.. This home brew thing maybe a but confusing at first for a newbie but once you stop worrying about what the airlock is doing and fretting over the brew just let it do its own thing!
I've put on two more brews this week and hopefully got a few more mates into giving it a go themselves!
It's also good to have a website like this because guys on here have been very helpful,So cheers everyone, hope you all have a great Christmas and new year!

G'day all,
Last night I took half a dozen bottles around to a mates for a BBQ to see wht the boys thought of my home brew..
After my first batch was a bit of a disaster, I wasn't sure how this one would go.I thought it tasted pretty good with the addition of hops and adding malt into the mix.
Half way through the night I bought them out and cracked a few open...They were all gone within 10 minutes and they still wanted more!
I went home feeling pretty good.. This home brew thing maybe a but confusing at first for a newbie but once you stop worrying about what the airlock is doing and fretting over the brew just let it do its own thing!
I've put on two more brews this week and hopefully got a few more mates into giving it a go themselves!
It's also good to have a website like this because guys on here have been very helpful,So cheers everyone, hope you all have a great Christmas and new year!

Iv just put down my 4th brew

and i'm loving my beer too, cracked into a pale ale last night thats only been in the bottle for 7 days and its pretty damn good and will get better.

drinking my first brew still which was the mexican cerveza that i carbed with drops... very carbed!!! the pale i carbed with 1 tspn of normal sugar and its much better.

glad your having success also mate merry xmash and a very :party: :beerbang: :chug: new year!!

great stuff... the bug is addictive and damn shitloads of fun.....

Get into it... I'm on a little Creatures pale clone tonight,,,,,, Life's good,.,....

Cheers

I've got a little creatures pale ale clone bottled up last week so when I get back off night shift next week it should be good to go!

It's very addictive!

I've got a little creatures pale ale clone bottled up last week so when I get back off night shift next week it should be good to go!

It's very addictive!
Bloody oath it is, I had the boys 'round Friday night, and they were all digging in amongst the stash of Newcastle Brown Ale, Little Creatures Pale Ale, Schoffer Hefe, Basic weizen and Kilcarney clones I had in the fridge. Never had so many emails the next day from the guys saying what a ripping set of brews they had. Two of 'em sent me links to the fridges they're bidding on on eBay to emulate my ferm-fridge w/ stc-1000.

Really handy 'coz I needed some space to store the Dr Smurto's golden ale I bottled today, and I have an American amber ale and dunkelweizen in the works too.....

It snowballs quickly! You'll be all graining
Before you can say boo!

It snowballs quickly! You'll be all graining
Before you can say boo!
More power to the AG brewers....I enjoyed the granularity of control that came with AG brewing, but right now for me the simplicity and efficiency of using (various) malt extracts, speciality grains and partial boil techniques is perfect. And the quality of beers i've been churning out with the right cleaning regime, targeted yeast selection and temperature controlled fermentation mean there's just no desire to go back.

I'm an extract brewer and proud of it!

Back