First Small Batch Ag. Confused About Sanitation Recommendations.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a side note, I'm sure I've asked before, but does Starsan damage fabrics or any other household items?

Well, it is acid based, so the usual precautions apply. Don't let it anywhere near SWMBO's outfits and you'll be sweet. Having said that, as you know, our place hasn't acid melted down yet, so once it's diluted it's reasonably safe. Doesn't seem to harm my fair dutch skin by contact.

Will bring down some brews, but I'm sure yours will be more than up to scrutiny. I'm not a hard critic!

SNPA is a very nice beer. I've brewed a few recipes that are supposed to get close. It's hard to go far wrong with most APA recipes. My next brew, for which I'm growing yeast at present, will be based on Trough Lolly's SNPA clone, which I think is in the recipe database, but with some modifications .

If I were to go back to making a kit brew, I would like to use a food grade hydrogen peroxide to sanitise the water for the brew prior to mixing. The other effect being that you would have very a oxygen rich environment for yeast once it has degraded.

I would have thought it was harder to ship an oxidising agent like this, but apparently it is easy.
http://compare.ebay.com.au/like/2807067413...dPriceItemTypes

I have used 30% h2 o2 in dentistry to stop minor bleeding, you can get it from hairdresser supplies or order it froom your pharmacist. Keep it in the fridge otherwise it explodes out of the bottle, and dont get it on your skin.

I have used 30% h2 o2 in dentistry to stop minor bleeding, you can get it from hairdresser supplies or order it froom your pharmacist. Keep it in the fridge otherwise it explodes out of the bottle, and dont get it on your skin.

Just sit back and relax.....This might sting a little bit....... :D

Will bring down some brews, but I'm sure yours will be more than up to scrutiny. I'm not a hard critic.

Thanks for the kind words Rob, but the cans taste like cans. I've tweaked a few of the bits and pieces and the can taste is still there.
It's like drinking softdrinks out of plastic. I'd prefer not to.

SWMBO has so many outfits I often wonder whether she'd notice one in the bin. Even if she did it would just be an excuse to buy a new one. Bless.

Latest posts

Back