First partial with a bag

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sippa

Reaction score
Hey,

Just looking for some input, I have already put this one down and it's currently in the second week of fermentation now @ 20 degrees, just wanted to know what I should expect in flavour if you all have done or used something similar to this.

19L

1kg Amber LME

1kg Wheat LME

0.5kg Dextrose

750g Carared, mashed @ 74 for 60min

10g Simcoe @ 30

10g Citra @ 20

15g Simcoe & 15g Citra @ 10

15g Simcoe, 15g Citra & 15g Amarillo Dry after 1 week in primary

Came out at OG 1050 exactly as predicted, I have had this recipe idea for a while now so I finally got around to trying it, was thinking along the lines of fruit salad aroma and flavour.

Used US-05

Thoughts?

I don't really know what you are after but those hops you are using late and dry will certainly give you fruit salad.

I think it will end up pretty sweet, especially with that much cara in it. Too sweet for me, especially at < 30ibu but you might like it that way.

What final gravity are you after?

pcmfisher said:
I don't really know what you are after but those hops you are using late and dry will certainly give you fruit salad.

I think it will end up pretty sweet, especially with that much cara in it. Too sweet for me, especially at < 30ibu but you might like it that way.

What final gravity are you after?
Should finish at 1010, down to 1014 after 1 week.

At 19L the IBU calc was just under 33, and the I've investigated the usage rate of carared and it tells me usage rate up to 25% of grist. I don't have Brewmate on hand but I believe that amount of carared was just shy of 25% in this recipe.

You could be right though, maybe too sweet. Will check gravity and have a taste and let you know.

Sitting on final sg1010 now, tasted sample, certainly not sweet, good balance of bitterness I thinK mind you I enjoy everything from a super bitter IPA to a heavy sweet Trappist, aroma is there from the hops, not alot of fruit comes through as flavour but certainly stone fruit and citrus on the finish, I expected more passion fruit but they may come through more as I bottle and condition.

Anyone who is interested turned out great! Been drinking for a few months now. Had a fair whack of grass from dry hopping too long but it has mellowed nicely and is a very enjoyable brew.

I recommend if you like a fruity/hoppy brew, just don't dry hop for too long.

Latest posts

Back