First Partial Mash Brew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreads_2006

Reaction score
So I put down my first ever partial mash brew yesterday afternoon, it is the Dog Bolter recipe out of beer and brewer magazine. Has anyone else attempted this brew? Mine looks very dark but hoping it turns out well as it is the first time I have rehydrated my yeast as well. Any way it is bubbling away fermenting at the advised 18 degrees Celsius which I was worried about as I have never brewed under 22 degrees. Feed back would be appreciated if you have tried this brew. Will keep you updated with how it goes.
Happy brewing

I don't have that magazine so I can't comment on the recipe you used. 18c is a good temp for most ale yeasts so don't worry, it will most likely produce a cleaner beer with less esters. Well done for making the move to partials, you'll be knocking on the ag door as soon as you taste how nice fresh grain tastes.

What yeast are you using? For most ale yeasts, ambient temps down to 15 degrees are okay because fermentation is exothermic - the fermenting wort will be around 18 deg, which is great for a clean beer. So, don't worry!

Latest posts

Back