First Outdoor Burner?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Short Leg

Reaction score
Hi all

I am slowly starting to get more gear togther - I really would like an outdoor burner so I could move the whole brewing prcocess out into my garage and keep my wife happy that I won't need to make a mess in the kicthen

I cam across this on ebay and the price is right

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SINGLE-CAST-IRO...=item20c5bce955

Would this be suitable for a 25L pot? I am not quite into AG yet - I am currently doing mini mashes

Cheers

I have one of these for camping, i used it one for an extract boil (approx 15l) and it was pretty useless.

I recently started BIAB and bought a mega jet burner from BCF which pumps out a crazy amount of heat.

If i were you i would spend the extra and get at least a 3 ring.

I have one of these for camping, i used it one for an extract boil (approx 15l) and it was pretty useless.

I recently started BIAB and bought a mega jet burner from BCF which pumps out a crazy amount of heat.

If i were you i would spend the extra and get at least a 3 ring.

Ok good to know.

I don't want to waste money on something that I will regert - I might just have to save up and get the 4 ring burner the same seller has

That first burner is a waste of time.

Have a look on my website, I've got some info on burners.

IMHO for a LPG burner you can't go past the NASA/Turkey burner/Mega Jet. They are happy warming a babies bum (please don't actually do it) through to at least a 100L batch. It will be the one burner you buy now and when you upscale you can just keep on using it.

The other alternative in the garage is using electric elements.
Here's the ones I'm converting from LPG to http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...st&p=905407

QldKev

That first burner is a waste of time.

Have a look on my website, I've got some info on burners.

IMHO for a LPG burner you can't go past the NASA/Turkey burner/Mega Jet. They are happy warming a babies bum (please don't actually do it) through to at least a 100L batch. It will be the one burner you buy now and when you upscale you can just keep on using it.

The other alternative in the garage is using electric elements.
Here's the ones I'm converting from LPG to http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...st&p=905407

QldKev

Thannks QldKev - your website is great - I have booked marked it!

I would love a turkey burner - If I could source one I would love to go down that path

An alternative is the Italian Spiral Burner. There are some good threads on the forum on the pros and cons of various high output burners

I have a Mongolian burner at it works a treat. real happy with it. I even bought a cheap fire pit from bunnings and cut a hole in it (with a hinge) so i can chuck it in the pit and put a grill pan on top for barbys!

Back