First Cooper IPA

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarrenHurst

Reaction score
My second brew, Coopers IPA tin, BE2, 17 grams Galaxy steeped, 350 grams black treacle, 350 grams brown sugar and 9 grams kit yeast and kept at 20°.
OG 1.041. Day 6 dry hopped 50 grams galaxy,
Day 8 and 2 days stable FG at 1.005 so 4.73% and bottled with 2 carb drops per PET and kept at 22°.
Bottled for 14 days and fridged a bottle at 1.5 for 24 hours.
Good hiss on opening, good head and colour, tastes great in my opinion but cannot wait for meet on 8th for 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc opinion. Just let me down gently if its not as good as I think lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200729-203740_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200729-203740_Gallery.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 55
Beer looks good! Keep a couple of bottle stored in the cupboard and try one after a month, then try one after 2 months and compare.
Good work!

Beer looks good! Keep a couple of bottle stored in the cupboard and try one after a month, then try one after 2 months and compare.
Good work!
Bangers
I am hoping the beers will still be conditioning for another few weeks yet, depends how thirsty I get.
Will definitely reserve a few to test at next three month intervals as I'm sure will improve with age.

At what temperature did you drink it? Looks grouse. We always remember our early ones and amazingly that thrill of hatching another brew never goes away. What a wonderful hobby.

At what temperature did you drink it? Looks grouse. We always remember our early ones and amazingly that thrill of hatching another brew never goes away. What a wonderful hobby.
Hi Vinit2ton
Was chilled to approx 2° for 24 hours prior to testing.
not sure what you mean by 'looks grouse'
Daz

It's vintage Melbournian lingo for "Shit-hot". Try drinking one at about 8degC and see if it tastes different to a chilled one.
Ha ha thank goodness for that as had mixed up your terminology with 'gross' which means the opposite lol. Will definitely try one at 8° to see any difference. Cheers

Back