First Brew Tasted...very Relieved

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wbosher

Reaction score
Just cracked open a bottle of my first brew last night (Mangrove Jacks Pilsner), and was pleasantly surprised. It's been in the bottles for three weeks now, so still a way to go, but quite drinkable.

I was pretty slack with the sanitising, and did a few other things quite wrong also...kept taking off the lid for a peek, temp control was awful - fairly major changes in temp although never went above 23, the carb drops fell on the kitchen floor so I scooped them back up and put them in the bottles - 10 second rule right ;)

Anyway, with all that I did wrong it seems to have worked out ok. Must have got lucky. :D

My birthday in just over a week so will save the rest until then, should even be a little better by then. I'll have plenty of guinee pigs around to test on.

Obviously you're blessed, despite your best efforts to the contrary you've made a drinkable beer. :)
Now get another fermenter and more bottles. Nothing like choice and a backlog of beers to work through.

By next birthday you'll have a broad selection for your party.

Obviously you're blessed, despite your best efforts to the contrary you've made a drinkable beer. :)
Now get another fermenter and more bottles. Nothing like choice and a backlog of beers to work through.

By next birthday you'll have a broad selection for your party.

I'm going to start my 3rd brew tonight all going to plan - a nice little IPA. I'm a little more careful now though, I don't think that sort of luck will last for too long.

Back