First Brew Mistake

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tanked84

Reaction score
Gday alll!

Received a brew kit for my birthday. So this is my 1st brew.
I'm brewing a Bavarian lager from esbeer 3kg can. I've just realized i've done a mistake.
With the kit came instructions from the brew shop, but on the can it says no added sugar needed.
i added 1kg of brewers sugar to the wort at the start because i was following the instructions a got in the brew start up kit.
Whats the outcome of my mistake, is it still going to be good?
Hope this makes sense.

I found the ESB kits to be great. That bavarian lager was a very nice kit. As they already make it to be a heavy it will have a pretty high alcohol content if the yeast can convert all the sugar.

If it doesn't turn out great it is just something to remember for your next brew. Start a brewers log with all your conditions, temps and additions and it will help you make some great brews.

Cheers

not going to be a big problem but look to replace ths 'sugar' with malt...Light Dry Malt ( LDM ). Will give a better result.
Good luck, read plenty and ask questions, even stupid ones before you do things, not much good finding out after you did something wrong that you did something wrong.

Thanks for the tips, very helpful. Hope it turns out alright also the higher alcohol content doesn't faze me. I'm going to leave it to ferment for atleast 2 weeks after reading through alot of information and not following the 5-7 days as it says on the can.

Latest posts

Back