First Brew In, Nervously Waiting!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshld

Reaction score
G'day,
I threw my first brew on 3 days ago, I haven't noticed any bubbling or any action at all really..The initial gravity reading was 1.038 and now 3 days on it is 1.030...It is a cascade golden harvest lager.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

at what temp did you use the yeast,and are using a lid with an air lock or glad wrap method

What other kind of "action" are you hoping to see?

RDWHAHB

one would imagine that all to re-assuring bloop bloop bloop....

i used to stress when it didn't hear it.. there's none in my current one, i think my blow off tube is not sealing correctly, but the gravity is dropping.

G'day,
I threw my first brew on 3 days ago, I haven't noticed any bubbling or any action at all really..The initial gravity reading was 1.038 and now 3 days on it is 1.030...It is a cascade golden harvest lager.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Patience grasshopper...

My god I can't believe I just said that to someone else. :lol:

25 degrees is generally well too hot. Ales are normally brewed at 18-20 degrees and lagers at 10-15 degrees with a lager yeast. Other than that. Chill out and have a beer. Don't worry about the bloopin bloop. Most people don't use the lid and airlock once they trust themselves. Have fun

I recall these cans kits having a spiel on the side about the yeast not fermenting too quickly but taking a couple of days to acclimatise to their conditions before kicking off, and I remember them taking a while to get started. I also remember not being too happy with the outcome of these kits but you may find them different.

Cheers.

I recall these cans kits having a spiel on the side about the yeast not fermenting too quickly but taking a couple of days to acclimatise to their conditions before kicking off, and I remember them taking a while to get started. I also remember not being too happy with the outcome of these kits but you may find them different.

Cheers.

We'll wait and see what happens then... I have to go away for work for a few days so hopefully it does its thing while I'm gone!
Thanks for the replies!

Cheers.

+1

I never have had any kind of bubbling, but I don't do the lid up really tight either, otherwise after two weeks its too hard to open without stirring up all the yeasties in the bottom!

Trust in your gravity readings, and leave it longer than required as well, it will clear It up a bit

Back