First Boil Over

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sean83

Reaction score
HI guys just had my first boil over with a Biab on the stove. I have gotten the wort off heat while I cleaned up and have had a look and the colour is extremely dark, just wondering if boiling it may have burnt the wort? It is an Aussie lager that I was brewing, but that straw colour is not evident at all it looks more like an American Pale Ale, on the darker end of the spectrum. I would say it looks closer to 12 on the SRM scale when I was going for a 6 SRM.

Is it ruined and if so can I save this beer at all?

Cheers Sean

dont worry, brew it like normal. I cant see why a boil over would make it heaps darker?

boiling the wort will make it darker but I doubt a boil over would suddenly make it twice as dark

A boil over won't have wrecked it. Its probably darker because it was boiled a little harder than normal. sometimes my wort looks really dark but then lightens up when fermented...

Cheers Guys,

Yeah proceeding as is, didnt think the wort would have been burnt - but hey when you F*#k up you freak out.

Sean

Latest posts

Back