First BIAB Brew - American Amber Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kapow

Reaction score
Hi All,

New to the forums (Introduced my self a little while back) and thought I would post up my first brew that's now good to go :).

It was supposed to be an American Amber Ale but I buggered up! Thought I had crystal 90, it was crystal 160 so it turned out much, much darker than anticipated, so to go with what I had, I added brown sugar to the bottle to add the nice molasses flavour (I tend to brew to my own taste now).

25L Batch, 60min mash, 60min boil.

Recipe:
4.0kg Pale malt
0.25kg Amber malt
0.25kg Crystal 160
0.25kg Caraaroma

20g Falconers flight for 60mins
20g Falconers 7 C's for 10 mins
20g Simcoe at flame out.

1/2 Wirfllock tab

20g US-05

It traveled from Sydney to Wagga and sat for a day before starting the Fermentation at home.

Turned out really nice! Almost identical to the Dux de Lux Nor Wester from New Zealand I had once.. or everyday I was there ;) Found here: http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/dux-de-lux-nor-wester/29953/

I would make it again, but I doubt I could replicate the entire process. Glad I have around 18 litres of it to go!

Very malty and very delicious!

3ZBOhvrl.jpg

CKl6lZCl.jpg

That does look good.

Is that an Unzud 7 oz glass, like I used to drink from in the bad old days of pub beer in jugs?

Enjoying some now :)

Its a 330ml glass, so round 11oz Warra48.. 7oz is just to small these days ;)

TF Amber malt DU99

well done mate! there's nothing better than tasting your very first all grain. i remember mine well also! good on you. keep making more :)

Latest posts

Back