First All Grain Taste - Nelson Sauvin Cyclone Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pommiebloke

Reaction score
My Nelson Sauvin Cyclone Ale (so-called as there was a cyclone raging outside while I brewed it) has only been in the bottle a week but curiosity got the better of me so I had a taste tonight.

My first full-size all grain brew and I have to say I'm a little bit chuffed. Unlike any beer I've tasted, extremely fruity but nicely balanced by the bitterness of the hops - even the missus likes it!. And I made it all by myself from a bag of crushed grain. :beerbang: It feels a little bit like magic.

I reckon another 2 weeks in the bottle and it'll be an absolute cracker. Thanks to Ross from Craftbrewer for the recipe.

Congrats on the AG.. Hope my first is as good.

Cheers

pommiebloke said:
My Nelson Sauvin Cyclone Ale (so-called as there was a cyclone raging outside while I brewed it) has only been in the bottle a week but curiosity got the better of me so I had a taste tonight.

My first full-size all grain brew and I have to say I'm a little bit chuffed. Unlike any beer I've tasted, extremely fruity but nicely balanced by the bitterness of the hops - even the missus likes it!. And I made it all by myself from a bag of crushed grain. :beerbang: It feels a little bit like magic.

I reckon another 2 weeks in the bottle and it'll be an absolute cracker. Thanks to Ross from Craftbrewer for the recipe.
Sounds good mate is it a secret or can you post up the recipe.
Norto

Stacked on the pushy today so had to have another bottle - for medicinal purposes you understand.

nelson_sauvin_cyclone_ale.jpg

Great head for only a week in the bottle. How did you prime 'em for this brew?

Just 140g of table sugar then left the bottles in the garage. Primed nicely already but could do with another couple of weeks to condition and take the edge off to let the hops really shine.

Following advice from here and homebrewtalk I did a four week primary, with four days dry hop then straight in the bottle. Can't believe how clear the beer is already, photo doesn't do it justice and that's without a cold crash.

I'm now a firm believer in the (relatively) long single-stage ale ferment.

Back