First All Grain Recipe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norto

Reaction score
Hi All,
Just about to do my very first all grain and I am wondering what recipe. I'm thinking an ale as my shed is sitting at about 17 - 20 degrees pretty consistently lately .
I have tried to do a search for the recipe data base but It does not work . Maybe I'm doing something wrong there.
Thanks.

Norto

Deeper and darker ales, and stouts etc are best to kickoff with. Being a bigger flavor they can hide some imperfections and get you drinking tasty beer from day 1. The Golden Ale as mentioned is one of those type of beers which are great to get you up and brewing.

warra48 said:
Recipe DB is down after the recent forum ovehauls. It will be back in time, so we are promised

In the meantime, I'd suggest DrSmurto's Golden Ale is an excellent recipe to start with.

http://www.homebrewandbeer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11013
Aye, this was my virgin beer too. Have made it twice and it is a brilliant ale.

I think it's also one of the default recipes in Beersmith as well.

Good luck!

Thanks for the replies,
Has anyone tried the brewmate software on a MAC?

If you have a virtual pc on mac you will be fine. It's an .exe so you can't load it onto the mac os. Unless that has changed since I last used a mac which has been a little while.

Back