First Ag Setup...run In Over The Weekend

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Womball

Reaction score
This is my first post but after many years of watching others, I've finally completed version 1 of my AG, single tier setup. :icon_chickcheers: Still learning many, many things about AG but completed a American Amber and an APA on Saturday with help from a few mates who have been into AG for years. I'll find out in about 10 days if my first AG attempt worked out OK...........

Built the brew stand out of 3mm Gal Angle available from Bunnings as I don't have a gear to weld. I saw the idea on some forum a while ago. Good if you like to change/add/remove bits from your stand.

70l Stainless pots, Rambo burners for the HLT/Kettle, 809 March Pump, SS quick connects, etc. Pics tell the real story.

Lost around 5 degrees in an hour on the Mash Tun, so I've got some tweaking to do with the insulation. Boil lose was around 9L per hour due to the volume.

Brewing a Double batch IPA on Wednesday.

Cheers.

IMG_0066__800x600_.jpg

IMG_0144__800x600_.jpg

IMG_0173__800x600_.jpg

IMG_0182__800x600_.jpg

IMG_0184__800x600_.jpg

IMG_0186__800x600_.jpg

IMG_0189__600x800_.jpg

Nice way to start.....with 3x 70L stainless pots.

Looks good!
Insulating the top/bottom of the mash tun might help it hold the temps a little more, with a large surface area you could even put a sheet of aluminium foil on the surface of the mash.
Interesting use for your MCSE books too. ;)

That is fat cracking first AG set up. My 3v brew was done with secondhand gear and gravity.

Looks good!
Insulating the top/bottom of the mash tun might help it hold the temps a little more, with a large surface area you could even put a sheet of aluminium foil on the surface of the mash.
Interesting use for your MCSE books too. ;)

Thanks mate, I'll give it a go. I knew those MCSE books would come in handy one day.

70l Stainless pots, Rambo burners for the HLT/Kettle, 809 March Pump, SS quick connects, etc. Pics tell the real story.

Nice setup, I like the look of the Frame, I'll be visiting Bunnings myself very soon also :rolleyes:

Where did you get the Pots from? Is was looking at something like 50Lt Ebay Pot

Well done on a first setup

Nice setup, I like the look of the Frame, I'll be visiting Bunnings myself very soon also :rolleyes:

Where did you get the Pots from? Is was looking at something like 50Lt Ebay Pot

Well done on a first setup

Thanks mate, it's been a long road to my first AG....... I picked them up from CraftBrewer, there around $150 each but I thought it worth the price and I didn't want to change them out later on if I wanted to double/triple batch. And the wife actually paid for it!

The Ebay pots look good, but depending on where you are and include freight, you might be better off with the 70l if your around Brisbane.

Cheers.

That's a great setup mate! Thanks for the pictures! It really helps to get an idea of how my setup will eventually be running.

Great work on your first two batches!

Latest posts

Back