First Ag Mash Recipe Suggestions

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaos666chris

Reaction score
im after a first AG recipe that will be fairly easy to make will be doing in a few weeks will be doing BIAB method on stove top in my 18L stockpot so will be doing slightly concentrated will be keging it so only want to make it unto 22L anyway as im picking up my keg kit in 6 days and thought what better way to christen my new kit

im after something like a standard lager but would prefer something close as possible to a Carlton drought love that beer

if i can make a cd look a like ill be off store brought beer entirely well just the occasional micro-brew

DrSmurto's Golden Ale is often suggested as a very good start for a new AG brewer.
However, your request for a standard lager complicates things a bit more (since many use adjuncts) BribieG has a fairly-easy Aussie Lager recipe somewhere, you might like to try that (I just don't know how to search the recipe DB for it).

Pretty sure in Nicks stovetop tutorial he references Carlton in his recipe.

DrSmurto's Golden Ale is often suggested as a very good start for a new AG brewer.
However, your request for a standard lager complicates things a bit more (since many use adjuncts) BribieG has a fairly-easy Aussie Lager recipe somewhere, you might like to try that (I just don't know how to search the recipe DB for it).

yeah never been much on ales do u have the recipe though if its cheap enough to buy ill make it for some friends they give me $0.50 each sooner to put in to my next batches and a lot of them like ale as well but ill just print that recipe and put in my to make book lol i know its not from this forum but is this a similar recipe to the one you mean
http://beerrecipes.org/showrecipe.php?recipeid=104

lagers arent really easy to make - you will need temp control, 4 weeks for your ferment stages and then likely some conditioning time. Any faults in the beer will stand out like dogs balls. Do you like any beer that is an ale as it will be much more forgiving?

the only problem i like the clean crispness of lager ale i find very heavy if you know of a lager that has those characteristics id be willing to give it a shot cant be closed minded ill still drink it anyway also like bitterness with a malty body hence why i like cd lol
and if it isn't good once iv hand quite a few ill drink it wont really be able to tell the diff

the only problem i like the clean crispness of lager ale i find very heavy if you know of a lager that has those characteristics id be willing to give it a shot cant be closed minded ill still drink it anyway also like bitterness with a malty body hence why i like cd lol
and if it isn't good once iv hand quite a few ill drink it wont really be able to tell the diff

Some grammer wouldn't go astray mate. That's farkin terrible. ;)

What about a Klsch-style ale? Cool-fermented at under 18C, at room temp.

100% pils malt and German hops. Here's a variant from Tony

Maybe you need to leave your Carlton-based comfort zone and embrace other beer. It won't hurt you. G'wan!

Seth

Some grammer wouldn't go astray mate. That's farkin terrible. ;)
sorry i didnt go over that one. ill try not to do that again to you guys

What about a Klsch-style ale? Cool-fermented at under 18C, at room temp.

100% pils malt and German hops. Here's a variant from Tony

Maybe you need to leave your Carlton-based comfort zone and embrace other beer. It won't hurt you. G'wan!

Seth
ill give anything a go once at least maybe 2 times depending on how stupid i am at the time

Pretty sure in Nicks stovetop tutorial he references Carlton in his recipe.

Same. :D

Some Barrett Burston malt and some PoR at 60 minutes and you have a beer that tastes pretty much like all Aussie Lagers mainly because all Aussie Lagers are pretty much the same beer.

Use a dry lager yeast - and if you can't keep the temp below 14C ... use US05 at < 18C.

Latest posts

Back