First Ag Hopefully Happening This Week!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pioneergangsta

Reaction score
Well Guys...it is almost time.

I've got all my equipment togther, still there will be room for improvement.
All i am waiting on is some brew supplies to come through and im away.
I know the best thing to do is take notes...hopefully i can borrow a mates video camera. ;)

Wish me luck! May the beer gods be with me :D

Cheers

Good luck with the brew Pioneer and just remember to go slow there's no mad rush :ph34r: , and don't stress if you think you have stuffed it, :blink: mashing is pretty hard to stuff. You'll have a great day. :lol:

LUCK!!

Hope all goes well for you , I am sure it will

My first was fairly stressful but worked in the end , I did forget the wilfloc :angry:

What 's your first brew going to be?

Hey batz, here is the recipe i've got so far:
* By the way, to all you AG brewers, if you got a suggestion please make it :D I'm not too sure if i've got quantities right, so help me out ;)

3 kg Pale Ale Malt
300g Wheat
200g Crystal
80g Cara-Pils

12g 60min - POR
10g 35 min - POR
8g 15min - Goldings

Yes, i am entered into the Annual Mash Paddle Comp...LOL Probably not the best move revealing my plans for the comp but hey, i dont plan to win just want some feedback ;)
This recipe done from the comps specs...I just threw myself right into the deep end! :D

So guys help?

Cheers

Pioneer G,

Hope it all goes well for you.
IMO I think you might want a little more Pale malt if you are making a 23litr brew and it is not going to be a "light beer".
As it is your first AG do you know the efficiency of your system?
Have you done any partials with your equipment?
Just a thought and I could be wrong so good luck and enjoy your day.

Cheers

welll look at the requimnets for the comp and look at the hop bill no por so maybe use goldings

Hope you take out the paddle!!!! you know beginners luck and all that

Looks pretty good.

Feed back you'll definitley get, just dont take it too seriously or to heart

My first comp I was told "I shouldn't boil the grains in recipe"....it was a modified kit with NO grains at all????

LOL thanks Linz.. :p

BBB i'm estimating my efficiency at 65-70%, and no haven't used my new setup yet, only tested for leaks on taps, testing manifold, etcetc
I have only ever done modified kits and extracts before, so a whole new ball park.
Just got word my grain should be arriving on thurs-friday, so looks like sunday is the go, as i'll have a decent starter done by then.

Still got my fingers crossed for the vid cam, if not i've got the digi cam to get pics.

Getting anxious.... :D

Cheers

Pioneer G,
I hope your borrowed video cam will come with an operator cause if you are anything like me on my first, you will be busier than a one armed bricklayer in Bagdad. :D
DOH! I think I allready said that on another post.
Keep us posted on the result,
Cheers

BBB,

it's funny, i do have a volunteer cam operator....
Why is this funny?
....tried to explain she'd be exposed to beer for a few hours...didnt worry her though, are there is hope yet!

Cheers

Big Beer Belly said:
Pioneer G,
I hope your borrowed video cam will come with an operator cause if you are anything like me on my first, you will be busier than a one armed bricklayer in Bagdad. :D
DOH! I think I allready said that on another post.
Keep us posted on the result,
Cheers
yeah, same here. i usually plan on taking a couple of pics each time, but its rarely more that two!!. good luck!!
joe

Back