First AG Happening Now!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well done batz.
wont be long and you will be an old hand at ag brewing.
put in 12 hours o/t today so i can place my order for grains next pay then yea har im away and joining the ag ranks. :D

Batz, how did you go with the final volume? I imagine you ended up with 16-17L if you went into the boil with 20L? With my setup I use about 20 - 25L sparge water to recover 32L for a brew as you have done (5kg - 6kg), 10L sounds like not enough and may be why you only got 1.040. Think about some more sparging on your next one.

Ben,

Promash can do it all for you automatically.

First you need to setup your defaults eg metric units and what you default boil time, efficiency and evaporation rates are etc.

Then there are two parts to Promash.
You input your recipe with all your ingredients etc and save it.
You then start a New Session (Option on the front of Promash startup screen) and choose the recipe you saved in the previous step.
Then it will work out automatically how much HL for the mash etc. You can tweak the sparge amount to get the final volume you want dependant on any loss of liquid due to dead space etc. Once you enter all your dead space from your equip you can also save those as default.
Then on any subsequent session you just have to change the sparge litres to get the final volume you want. All the rest is done automatically.

Beers,
Doc

Back