Fire Extinguishers In Canberra

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fingerlickin_B

Mo Bitta, Mo Betta!
Reaction score
Hey all,

I was just wondering, as the title suggests, where did the people in Canberra who use an extinguisher get theirs from?

PZ.

Hey Finger,

I cant help you with anyone in Canberra but I just did a ring around to evryone in Brisbane and found a place that did me a shifty cash in hand deal when I told them it was for homebrew :D ended up costing me $100 for a 3.5kg cylinder filled, tested and they removed the dip stick for me.

Jye

sorry if this is a stupid question,, but what is the extinguisher for.. Portable draft setup maybe or incase you burn down the garage??

My ass too is tight. Can you attach a reg to them or how does it work???

Yep, some even have the correct thread to screw the reg directly onto them...I drool over the one in my office daily! :lol:

PZ.

I see.. Therefore no rental on bottle...How much to get filled and approximately how long do they last??? Now i'm on the hunt for ext...

I hear around $40 to fill a 3.5kg unit.

My guess is they last as long as a regular cylinder of the same capacity...others with experience will have to confirm/correct this statement tho :)

PZ.

In Canberra - give Tony from Pub Gas a ring - he usually has a deal on CO2 bottles with no rental - but you have to refill from him....

Hope this helps...

thanks for the info... My bday is in a couple of weeks and my wife is starting up my draft system for me so I'm researching all options...

matt

GMK said:
In Canberra - give Tony from Pub Gas a ring - he usually has a deal on CO2 bottles with no rental - but you have to refill from him....

Hope this helps...
[post="72819"][/post]​

Yeah, I remember you telling me that.

Many thanks too, but Hume is soooo far away from where I live...and I drive a rotor...fuel bills :(

PZ.

some even have the correct thread to screw the reg directly

Take your reg along to check but you are after a Wormald or Quell extinguisher, these require no modifications.

Tony from Pub Gas will exchange the cylinders at your home or work so you don't need to drive to Hume. He's always out and about and you usually just give him a day or two notice.

Dave

daveisbludging said:
Tony from Pub Gas will exchange the cylinders at your home or work so you don't need to drive to Hume. He's always out and about and you usually just give him a day or two notice.

Dave
[post="72829"][/post]​

Oops, I jumped the gun then :huh:

PZ.

finger....i would maybe give Tony a call and see how much his cylinders are and refills before driving up to Sydney for some extinguishers. (especially in a rotary!! :D )

It's ok, I'm borrowing a Magna *insert embarrasment emoticon* for the trip :)

PZ.

Let us know how you go eh? As im also snooping around canberra and thinking of getting into kegging myself.
Cheers
Steve

I just called Tony and his pricing is really good :eek:

I'll just go with Pub Gas...man, I wasted a lot of time and effort on this :lol:

PZ.

lol - how much is Tony charging for the bottle and refills?

Back