Finding Out About Comps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berto

Reaction score
Hi guys. Just wondering how everybody here knows what comps are on when. I went to the country brewer the other day and he had an application form there for the bathurst comp. I didnt even know anything about it, and its on in a monh and a half. id enter something id already brewed but its all in kegs and i havent bottled a drop.
Is there some website elsewhere that lists all these different comps/dates etc?

Cheers, Rob

Check out the craftbrewer.org site. they have a competition page on there with the major comps, entry forms etc. Look at the top tabs on the front page.

Thanks guys. The craftbrewer site seems pretty out of date as far as dates etc are concerned, but is it safe enough to assume they will be happening about the same time this year?

Cheers, Rob

Berto,

There is also a brewing comp as part of the Castle Hill show this year in Sydney.
Being organised by The Country Brewer.
The date is the first weekend in March.

Beers,
Doc

Is it possible to enter kits in comp, it almost doesn't seem right.?

I made up a couple of kits (freebies), with some extras, that I wouldn't mind sending in for judging and feedback.

Cheers,
Jase

Jase said:
Is it possible to enter kits in comp, it almost doesn't seem right.?
Yes.
Some comps require that you tick a box to indicate how the beer was brewed, but the majority of comps all allow kit based beers to be entered.

Beers,
Doc

Back