Find Craft Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hewy

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just thought I would do some shameless self promotion...

I have been developing an iPhone app for helping one locate a decent beer and it went live in the app store yesterday.

The app costs $0.99 and contains breweries, bars and bottle shops scattered around the place. It uses the GPS in the iPhone to locate you and nearby spots for a decent beer.

The database that provides the location data is constantly evolving and users are able to submit new venues (this is moderated to ensure accuracy). Currently bars and breweries across Aus are in there and I am adding bottleshops as they appear on my radar (mainly NSW thus far).

You can find it on the app store under the name "Find Craft Beer AU"

I would appreciate your support/feedback etc.

Obviously I am keen to introduce some new features as the app evolves and as the user base expands.

Cheers
Hewy

Hi All,

I just thought I would do some shameless self promotion...

I have been developing an iPhone app for helping one locate a decent beer and it went live in the app store yesterday.

The app costs $0.99 and contains breweries, bars and bottle shops scattered around the place. It uses the GPS in the iPhone to locate you and nearby spots for a decent beer.

The database that provides the location data is constantly evolving and users are able to submit new venues (this is moderated to ensure accuracy). Currently bars and breweries across Aus are in there and I am adding bottleshops as they appear on my radar (mainly NSW thus far).

You can find it on the app store under the name "Find Craft Beer AU"

I would appreciate your support/feedback etc.

Obviously I am keen to introduce some new features as the app evolves and as the user base expands.

Cheers
Hewy

Shameless indeed! I will have a look... how comprehesive is it of the small craft brewers such as HopDog and say Black Duck?

How complicated is the UI and the service layer? I might just "know" an experienced Android dev that likes beer. Not sure if he has free time though. :(

Shameless indeed! I will have a look... how comprehesive is it of the small craft brewers such as HopDog and say Black Duck?

Hmm.. those names dont ring a bell.... bit of research and I have Bago Vineyards which is where Black Duck is available however I am missing HopDog.

The list is constantly updated and I have just added HopDog :icon_cheers:

How complicated is the UI and the service layer? I might just "know" an experienced Android dev that likes beer. Not sure if he has free time though. :(

Unfortunately android is not in my skillset - sorry

There is nothing too fancy going on behind the scenes. I assume the android API's would be similar to iphone and its just a matter of leveraging those. the real time killer for me is updating venues in the DB as I have to make sure I get the GPS coords right plus its data entry which I find boring

Happy to discuss with an android dev to see whether they can port it across.

Although you mentioned it mainly covers NSW so far, is there any reference to Tassie at all?

Although you mentioned it mainly covers NSW so far, is there any reference to Tassie at all?

I should clarify... the bottleshops are NSW centric whereas breweries and bars and aus wide.

There are about 6 venues in Tassie... as I mention the DB is growing and I am happy to have suggestions for places to include (the app includes a venue submission function)

Cheers
Hewy

Back