Finally Out Of Hospital

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matho

The Braumiser
Reaction score
10 weeks ago my little girl suffered a hypoglycemic seizure but today we are home and I'm having a homebrew, it's such a good feeling.
she has suffered a brain injury and can't walk or talk but she has a long way to go and is getting better each and we hope that being at home will help her more than being in hospital.
Just want to say thankyou to all the people that wished me and my family well it did help me during a pretty bad time of my life.

cheers steve

That must be a massive relieve for both of you, glad to hear that.

Surely it must be easier to recover in a home environment that hopefully triggers some nice memories.

All the best, mate!

Jeez Steve, as a father, I can only guess what you and your family has gone through. I wish your little girl a speedy recovery and that you and your family receive support and are able to give her everything she needs to recover.

regards

Browndog

10 weeks ago my little girl suffered a hypoglycemic seizure but today we are home and I'm having a homebrew, it's such a good feeling.
she has suffered a brain injury and can't walk or talk but she has a long way to go and is getting better each and we hope that being at home will help her more than being in hospital.
Just want to say thankyou to all the people that wished me and my family well it did help me during a pretty bad time of my life.

cheers steve
Terrific news Steve, you've handled all this very well mate, I bet she's over the moon to be home again.
Love, hugs & kisses is the best medicine & I bet she's getting heaps. Glad your families Christmas is suddenly going to be a lot brighter.

:icon_cheers:

steve, its a terrible thing thats happened. hopefully the road back to health is a short and quick one and theres no long lasting effects. might try to drop a couple of beers off with some wood shavings next time im heading past. all the best in the future
barls

Sorry to hear that Steve. I have a 4yo little girl and can only image what you and your family has gone through.
Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery. All the very best mate.

good to have your little girl home,hope all goes well,hoping next year is good one for you and family.

all the best ...spog..

G'day Steve,
Horrible to hear what's happened but glad to hear she's home. Hope you all have a great Christmas and all the best to your daughter for a speedy recovery.
Pete

Great news that she's back home, I sincerely hope for a full recovery. My 9 year old suffered a "severe" (doctor's words) concussion at school a little over a month ago. That was very worrying, particularly with how "loopy" she behaved for the week following her incident.

I understand what you're going through and I hope all ends up well.

Can't even begin to understand what you must have been through over the last 10 weeks. I hope your daughter makes a steady recovery.

News like this brings you own little problems back into perspective
I hope you and your family have fantastic Christmas.
Cheers
Chris

Hey Steve,

Great news on your little girl going home again. Things are always better when you are out of hospital.

My wife was holed up in hospital for 4 weeks (about 7 weeks in total including after birth care )during our pregnancy and the little man still came 6 weeks early via emergency caeserian. Hospitals SUCK, even though the staff (well ours were anyway) were so helpful and cheery. I spent almost 2 months travelling to hospital every night and it really gets on your nerves dealing with the same situation, being on tenterhooks the whole time, and not being able to do anything to help the situation really. I felt a bit helpless for 2 months. and was really relieved when Anna and the little fellow came home and I could start being a Dad instead of an observer.

The best thing for your whole family is to get home and start being a normal family again. Home and lots of love will be the greatest healers your little girl can get.

Will raise a glass tonight to your family escaping the hospital and things being on the improve! :beer:

Best of luck,
Angus.

I can imagine it would be a relief to be home Steve, best wishes for the road ahead.

Steve...'hypoglycaemic'... Is she diabetic?

Glad to hear she's home mate.

My 5yo daughter is type 1 (insulin dependent) diabetic. Can be scary shit sometimes.

Wishing your family all the best as you deal with the aftermath.

Kind regards,

Nathan

I'm only a 1 week old father matho.

My heart goes out to you man, there is nothing like the feeling of 'your' little girl - looking back at you.

All the best, it will be ok.

Thanks guys, its really good to have her home and she seems stoked to be here too.

cheers stev

As a father of 5 I can offer our family's thoughts and well wishes. Such a life changing time to have a sick child and we hope all the best for the recovery process.

Wow Steve, had no idea.
I echo everyone elses best wishes.

Fingers crossed for the continual improvement

cheers steve

Great to hear your little girl is back home Steve.
Wishing you guys all the best & hoping for a speedy recovery.
Merry Christmas to you all.
Brian

Back