Filling Small Co2 Bottle From Large Bottle..

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thunderlips

Reaction score
Is this possible?
I bought one of Goliath's little 1.5L bottles in the hope of getting it filled locally but that didn't turn out as I had planned :(
I have a 9L bottle here that I use for my kegs, is there an adapter that can be used to fill the little one?

Yes
I fill my 'Goliath' bottle from my BOC bottle , freeze the 1.5 bottle turn your BOC bottle upside down and fill

I bought the filling tube from ultimate air , has to be bradied high pressure line made for this purpose

Ahhh - this might help me a bit - does that mean most gas suppliers won't touch Goliath's bottle?

Thanks!

Matt

If you are in Perth, Ultimate air fill my Goliath bottle....$10.00

High Batz

How much did the transfer line cost you?

Cheers
MAH

why do you have to freeze the bottle?

i have the same bootle, and have had it for a few months now, just never got around to getting it filled. Anyone know of a place in geelong or melbs?

Was not cheap MAH

Around $100 perhaps a little more , pays for itself for me as I fill my BOC bottle at work with it as well

You need the 'flexiable cylinder arm filler' and two 'C02 handle assembly'

http://www.andale.com.au/category/gas4.html

mobrien said:
Ahhh - this might help me a bit - does that mean most gas suppliers won't touch Goliath's bottle?

Thanks!

Matt
[post="49138"][/post]​

My problem was that my neighbour, who works for a mob that services fire extinguishers etc, said he should be able to fill it but it turns out his boss wont allow it because they don't have food grade Co2 and I suppose he's scared of liability or something.
Thanks for all the answers so far.

I was told the same thing when I took mine to the fire mob here , should have taken the food grade sticker off the bottle.

Just as an interest here , I did work for BOC in Adelaide in there bottle filling plant , C02 is excactly the same food grade or industrial , same with O2 industrial , food and medical , just different stickers on the bottles and a different price that you pay.

Batz

ahh - ok. So does that mean COG or air-liquid will fill the goliath bottles?

I wouldn't want to buy one then ind I can't get it filled!

On an aside, I found that the Brissy mob that do the fire extinguisher conversions now charge $150 + GST + fill. So not quite the bargain it used to be.

Matt

BOC or Liquid Air will not fill Goliath bottles

Back