few drops of blood in the mash ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mongey

Reaction score
so this is a new one for me

Brewed on Sunday and had a issue with my tap fitting. leaking. Before it got too hot put my hand in to tighten the fitting inside and sliced my thumb a little on the thread

didn't really think about it at the time but while cleaning up I found theres a coupe small blood stains on the biab bag

Few drops of blood wont hurt anything yeah? 60 min boil has to take care of that ?

so this is a new one for me

Brewed on Sunday and had a issue with my tap fitting. leaking. Before it got too hot put my hand in to tighten the fitting inside and sliced my thumb a little on the thread

didn't really think about it at the time but while cleaning up I found theres a coupe small blood stains on the biab bag

Few drops of blood wont hurt anything yeah? 60 min boil has to take care of that ?
Won’t do any harm. It’s not uncommon for rats to get into bulk sacks of grain at micro breweries or keep them out of malt, especially floor malted before it’s packaged.

I would rather a little blood in the mash than rat poo and pee. Folk don’t tend to think about that when they have a little taste of the mash though.

Latest posts

Back