Festivus to the rest of us

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MHB

Reaction score
Well not being a believer in much of anything including neither Christ nor mas,
Still hope everyone has a good festive season, catch up with friends and family.
All the best for 2021, this one has been a bit of a bummer so the next one has a fair chance of being better.

Remember half the human race has a below average IQ, we still let them drive and this time of year some of them will drink too much to, so be careful at a minimum, courteous and kind where possible and hope for the best!
Mark

Same to you Mark, my navigation will be restricted to the staircase, taps in cave on ground floor, chair in lounge room, first floor. Bad planning.
TC, G

Same to you Mark, my navigation will be restricted to the staircase, taps in cave on ground floor, chair in lounge room, first floor. Bad planning.
TC, G
Happy festive season to everyone. From lockdowns to celebrating with family its been a strange year. 9 months at home with a toddler and another on the way. Plenty of feet in my mouth (not only my own but sometimes the 3 year old sneaks into the bed) has shown me family is important and so are friends.

Doing the santa thing first time this year. Wife made me eat half a carrot and she ate the cookies while putting out the presents. She's doing a hard job baking number 2 so I can't complain.

To all those on AHB and especially those I have upset or perhaps had a disagreement with, please have a great Christmas (or Kwanza, Hanukka or festivus) and I will try to be a nicer and more improved version of myself.

Thank you to this great community, and stay safe. Enjoy your time off if you have it.

I'll be raising a glass of Boatrocker Ram Jet 2020 to all of you tomorrow.

Peace out.

Merry Christmas @MHB and to everyone

enjoy ya day everyone

anyone daring to put a brew down today

thinking of doing 1 when the lady gets up , but she may have other ideas

merry Christmas all

Wife and I woke up this morning to the first Christmas without our daughter in 25 years. She bought a house with her long-term fella and they moved in together in August (had its upside - freed up my driveway of his tradie ute three days a week). We’re going over to their new place for Chrissy lunch later today.

But makes me think. A big - no a friggin’ huge- shout out to all those who find themselves alone at this time, perhaps not of your own choosing. Family estrangement, working away from home, in the pokey, simply find yourself alone, whatever. You too deserve and hereby receive the very best wishes at this Christmas time. Forums like this one are a poor substitute for real flesh and blood, but they do provide a meaningful connection between real human beings. So whatever your circumstances, I raise a glass and offer cheers, love and fraternity to AHBers, one and all.

Happy festive season to everyone. From lockdowns to celebrating with family its been a strange year. 9 months at home with a toddler and another on the way. Plenty of feet in my mouth (not only my own but sometimes the 3 year old sneaks into the bed) has shown me family is important and so are friends.

Doing the santa thing first time this year. Wife made me eat half a carrot and she ate the cookies while putting out the presents. She's doing a hard job baking number 2 so I can't complain.

To all those on AHB and especially those I have upset or perhaps had a disagreement with, please have a great Christmas (or Kwanza, Hanukka or festivus) and I will try to be a nicer and more improved version of myself.

Thank you to this great community, and stay safe. Enjoy your time off if you have it.

I'll be raising a glass of Boatrocker Ram Jet 2020 to all of you tomorrow.

Peace out.
It would be a very boring world if we were all the same, although tolerance, and the ability to "agree to disagree" are lessons well worth learning, for myself it's something of a "work in progress" :rolleyes:

Two days ago I reset one of my fridges to 10c, serving temp 12c but liked the idea (read it here) of pouring it a bit cooler and appreciating the changes as it warms up, have bottles of RIS, Barley wine, and a Belgian triple to sip and savour while the crowd guzzles bubbles n beer (missing the ones that couldn't make it though) maple syrup/orange glazed ham is baked, and I'm waiting for the first to rise (9 family and friends here) lazy buggers, anyone would think that a 3.0am finish was a late night, ahhh the youngs uns these days, no stamina.

Happy holidays everyone :cheers:

To everyone at AHB I hope you and your families and friends all have a great Christmas and a great 2021. And thanks for your help, whether directly or indirectly all the comments in the various forums have helped me on my Beer journey.
Cheers Maurice.

Thanks Mark for your input this year, Merry Christmas, really appreciate it, grip that aluminim pole with all your might and hopefully pin Georges dad quick.

God YES and that from a atheist (borderline anti-theist)
Have a niece and nephew who are starting to take an interest in good beer so when ever they are around try to take some good beer,
This year there was one that was totally mind-blowingly good, so not all was lost.
1608941102954.png

Image nicked from Google.
Wow, probably the best sour I have ever had, it doesn't show in the pick but its a ruby red, moderately sour with rich fruity/fruitcake flavours some floral ester notes and bags of toffy, caramel and fruity notes. Balanced to perfection.
If you see one buy it and drink it
All hail the Duchesse
Mark

Back